Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These came out in the very early 90's and I am fairly certain that these were never technically released in North America. I may be wrong, but they are indeed rare.

When I was in my early 20's I was very much into Lamborghini. Because I couldn't afford a car, I acquired a lot of models and die casts. These Diablo's were always on my mind because I saw an Advertisment for them in a Canadian or maybe it was European RC Car Publication once as a child.

This is the Kyosho SuperScale Diablo! It is HUUUGE. It is AWD!! now granted, it is not worth driving, I have some other RC Cars that really perform well. This would be a joke to drive. It is more impressive as a model.

I actually have a NIB Kit, and two completed models. I was thinking of letting one of them go for the right buyer.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Nice!
I never got to the larger 1/8 scale...only 1/10 and 1/12...and always thought about getting a 4WD RC.
Unfortunately, I got rid of my RC's a few years ago...a Team Associated RC10 and an RC12. Those were the days when nothing was "prebuilt" and the entire kit took some time to build. The RC10 even had a "manual" speed controller...LOL...no "electronic speed controller". Now that I think about it, it was like gated manual vs. e-gear!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Yah, I have been involved in RC for over 25 years. I recently have been racing with my daughters who are just about old enough to really have fun. BUT- It's time to move on from the hobby. The amount of money I have wasted in kits and competition would probably amount to a nice down payment on a pre-owned Gallardo. Enough is enough.

So I said I might sell one of these and now that I have talked to a couple of members, I think I will. I was up in the air, but some guys are really excited about them! So.. speak up!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Nice! Yah, I have been involved in RC for over 25 years. I recently have been racing with my daughters who are just about old enough to really have fun. BUT- It's time to move on from the hobby. The amount of money I have wasted in kits and competition would probably amount to a nice down payment on a pre-owned Gallardo. Enough is enough.

So I said I might sell one of these and now that I have talked to a couple of members, I think I will. I was up in the air, but some guys are really excited about them! So.. speak up!
Cool! Unfortunately, I sold my stuff before my daughter was old enough to appreciate them. I thought of getting back into RC, but have to remind myself how expensive it was! Back in the late '80's the RC10 kit, radio, charger, etc. all together ended up some $400...a tidy sum back then for a "toy". Now, it seems so silly as we sit here discussing $100K ... $200K ... $500K ... "toys"! :p
I guess, on some levels, we never grow up! :bouncing:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, RC Can be a money pit for sure.

I am actually somewhat shocked that these are still here. :-/

The "sister car" to this Diablo is the SuperScale Jaguar XJ220.. there is currently a body kit on ebay for it for over $100. Just to make the point at how rare/expensive these are.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what color is the NIB KIT and how much are you asking for it and the red one? Thanks

nib kit has a clear body. Paint any color you like. asking on the kit is $800 and it very well could be the last kit on earth. these are not mass produced.

the red one the asking is 300 and i have an extra body that is new.. it is also clear and can be any color you like.

if painting is a concern, i can paint the body for a potential buyer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts