Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has a SL knows that the exhaust tips are not the same as a regular G. They connect up to the exhaust (V-band clamps) instead of being and accessory of the rear bumper. The stock ones get dingy and start to "whiten" and take away from the back end of the beauty. There are some manufactures (Fabspeed, Millionaire racing, etc) that have aftermarket tips for the G, but I have not been able to find anyone that has something for my SL. I've called my local exhaust fabrication shop, but doing a custom titanium tip is not a task they want to take on. Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions for getting some cool titanium tips?
Much appreciated!
K-1

·
Registered
440 Posts
try a custom fabrication shop that specializes in custom cars/bikes, rather than just an exhaust shop.
exhaust tips are super easy to fabricate, just need to find someone who can weld titanium.

·
Registered
08 SL #07008 in Nero Noctis
73 Posts
TI is just going to turn blueish, if that is what you are chasing cool, if not then have your tips powdercoated black (i am about to do the same thing on mine)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
try a custom fabrication shop that specializes in custom cars/bikes, rather than just an exhaust shop.
exhaust tips are super easy to fabricate, just need to find someone who can weld titanium.
That's a good point! I'll hunt for a good one in the Bay Area!

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo 6-speed manual
59 Posts
That's a good point! I'll hunt for a good one in the Bay Area!
Man, would you let me know if you find a place willing to do that? I am going through the same ordeal myself too!

I wanted thicker tips, just like the pic below. That means: same length, cut & overall proportions as the chrome tips of the standard G, rather than something completely different and with the proportions out of whack.

Unfortunately, I cannot find anyone around here willing to take on that task :( So if you find a place to fabricate them, they can count on a second customer right away.

And here an example of what I do NOT want (wrong proportions):

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do!
You're absolutely right though, no one wants to take on the task. One bummer, I contacted Fabspeed (same system I have on my SL) and they said they are not interested in fabricating a set either. Even though they had to make their exhaust outlets custom for me since the regular Gallardo set up does line up on the SL

For as many Fabspeed exhausts they make for the G, I think they should do dual tips as well as quads. Cmon guys! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts