Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see an '08 Gallardo Superleggera and an '04 Murcielago for sale at about the same price, (around 150k), which one is a better buy?

·
Registered
346 Posts
You'll certainly love either, but...

Consider not only the entry cost but also the ownership cost. The 04 Murci is going to be more expensive to maintain.

I asked the same question to a few Lamborghini dealerships and they recommended if your not going to an LP640 year or newer on the Murci's, which I believe is 2007+, than stay away. That doesn't necessarily imply that Murci's are bad, I think the LP640 were improved that much more similar to 09 and newer G's.

One other thought is how tall you are, if you haven't already sat in them. The G's seem somewhat roomier interior wise than Murci's. At 6'1 I thought the Murci was quite snug.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
SL would be easier to drive, faster and sounds better.

Murci has scissor doors and that's about the only thing better than a SL.

I say get the SL. Murci will continue to depreciate faster too. SL has been appreciating a little in the last 1.5 years.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I asked myself the same questions a year ago....ended up with an SL. cant imagin city driving a Murci.

Whatever you choose lifes rough!! hahah enjoy it..

·
Registered
630 Posts
The 02-06 Murci's drive like a diesel tractor with huge blind spots. In my opinion the Murci's look more exotic than the G's but they drive like sh*t. Only if you buy the LP640 07+ will it be the ultimate weapon.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
LP640
2,269 Posts
I asked myself the same questions a year ago....ended up with an SL. cant imagin city driving a Murci.

Whatever you choose lifes rough!! hahah enjoy it..
City driving is kind of a PITA. But I don't think a G would be that much easier.
Definitely a rough life choosing between an SL and Murci. :D

I say get the SL. Murci will continue to depreciate faster too. SL has been appreciating a little in the last 1.5 years.
'02-'04 Murci's have basically bottomed out re: depreciation (although some people are asking a big premium).

Nick

·
Registered
907 Posts

I disagree with the "murci will continue to depreciate faster". Most 04's can be had for 135-145 and with the new one being 400 plus... it's not happening. I think both of these cars are great choices when your talking about depreciation. Neither of them are going to decline in value much if any in the next few years.

Totally agree with the SL being easier to drive. The technology is far more advanced in the SL than the Murci, but there something sprecial about the flagship cars that the Gallardo's cannot capture.

I would base my decisions on what type of driving and how frequent as to which car to chose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
SL or Murci?

Definitely SL...I am not just biased because I own one right now but talking to people who have owned both...they always say the SL is a lot more comfortable. Plus there are only so many SLs available for sale.

Another owner I met recently purchased a newer Murci and returned it two weeks later and picked up a black 08 SL.

There is a yellow SL for sale right now at CatsExotics...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts