Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a setting to lock this rear spoiler in the up position. I have an 06 Roadster and i cant get the rear win to go down, its locked in the up position. I know there's a proccess to lock the rear air vents up. Is there a way that this spoiler stays up? or a way to reset this to go down? Thank you i appreciate it

·
Registered
265 Posts
The rear spoiler can only be activated with the Lamborghini computer and cannot be manually raised by pressing any buttons. A couple of years ago I had my spoiler come up and then as I slowed the spoiler light came on. When I looked at the car the spoiler was up but one side was a little higher than the other putting a light twisting force through the spoiler and preventing the mechanism from operating.

To solve this I removed the rear panel with the spoiler and disassembled the two actuators that raise the spoiler. It was all very intuitive and simple to follow. What I found is that the grease in the assembly had hardened up causing one side to 'skip a tooth' putting it out of time with the other. All I did was disassemble and re-grease everything putting it back together in the down position.

Once I re-connected everything I took it for a drive and the spoiler has been working perfectly ever since and the spoiler warning light went off on the dash.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow awsome response and detail i appreciate that! i actually am going to be taking this whole rear assembly off in the next few weeks to eliminate the coffin box exhaust and i can look into that then. I don't know if it matters but i don't have a light on for the wing at all just doesn't function. I guess it could still be similar issue.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
My 06 roadster will automatically raise and close the bat wings, all dependent on engine temperature.

when I press the batwing button, the wings do go up, however after a minute or two, they will automatically close if the engine temp isn’t high enough.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If the rear spoiler is stuck in the up position or just not fully closed, you can do a reset along with the batwing air vents. With the ignition off, hold the air vent button down whilst turning the ignition on. Keep it held down until the car reset to the closed position for the wings and rear spoiler. Hopefully, that will reset the spoiler for you if it's stuck in the up position. There is no way I have found yet to get the spoiler to stay in the up position for cleaning.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If the rear spoiler is stuck in the up position or just not fully closed, you can do a reset along with the batwing air vents. With the ignition off, hold the air vent button down whilst turning the ignition on. Keep it held down until the car reset to the closed position for the wings and rear spoiler. Hopefully, that will reset the spoiler for you if it's stuck in the up position. There is no way I have found yet to get the spoiler to stay in the up position for cleaning.
I’ve heard that some people will disconnect the power cable to the batwing motor when it’s in the up position, simply because they like the aggressive look they present. I agree, the Murci looks way better with them flared out. Most of the online photos and videos show them in the up position.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Extended periods of driving with the bat wings up WILL break the hinges on the mechanism. If you look at the assembly it is pretty flimsy and when open there is a lot of weight cantilevering on the hinges. When closed the vents support their weight on other points taking the stress off of the hinges. It is important to know that if you plan on driving with the vents always open then there is a certainty of eventually breaking the hinges which is a rather expensive repair when it happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts