Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Was doing an oil change on the 04 Gallardo, found the the drain plug on the bottom of engine to be overtorqued (not the one closest to the rear) I used a T50 but was not able to get it of. Now its stripped, I could always just fill in oil and take it to the shop no problem but just trying to see what my options are. Also anyone know where I can get a replacement drain plug?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
You can get it at Audi dealer using a Lambo part number. I don't hv it off hand but you can look it up on Ricambi or lambostuff

Or order it from glen at AMH parts. He has best price around.

Hint, order some extra for the other drain plugs (two different oil plugs, crush washers)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Intakeit you mean the torx part of the plug headbhas been deformed?

Two options.

I had an allen-head pinch bolt on the triple clamp of my Ducati that was rounded. I tapped an Allen socket into the bolt to seat it firmly, it came out.

Second, use heat. My old 308 had air injection plugs. 6 of the plugs came out with a struggle. 2 remained. The steel on the plug reacts with the aluminum head to form a bond. We welded a wheel nut onto the plug. Heated that until close to red hot and then removed with a socket, wrench and breaker bar.

I'd try method one first. That doesn't work, try method two.

·
Registered
749 Posts
This happened to me recently as well, as the last guy He-man'd it in there.

I hammered in an 8mm Allen key (socket style), till it bottomed out, and I also bit the outer edges of the plug with vice grips, to help take some of the strain off the Allen key. Turned the ratchet and vice grips at the same time. By the way, there's not much for the vice grips to bite on so be careful not to try to get them to grip too tight.

When I had the drain reinstalled(didn't have a spare), and torqued all the way, it was a quarter turn less than the last idiot put it in.........

I'm going to order a spare engine and oil tank drain plug, as the oil tank drain plug seemed pretty loose on the T55...........

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I have actually Dremeled a slot in stripped bolts before and beat them off with a hammer and a flathead screw driver.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input guys, in case anyone in the future needs part#'s here they are:

Sump Plug N0160282
Washer N0138481

Oil Pan Plug N0160293
Washer N0138322

1 - 7 of 7 Posts