Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No this isnt the starter slow turning over problem. This is something different. Every now and then if the engine bay is HOT the car will not fire up. It spins over as normal but wont catch and start up until the 5th or 6th try. Its almost as if there is vapor lock or something odd but the shop in my town CANNOT tell me what is causing it.

Also I have a hesitation occasionally at 4000 rpms where there is a momentary loss of power followed by ripping all the way to redline. Split second it happens.

·
Registered
509 Posts
No this isnt the starter slow turning over problem. This is something different. Every now and then if the engine bay is HOT the car will not fire up. It spins over as normal but wont catch and start up until the 5th or 6th try. Its almost as if there is vapor lock or something odd but the shop in my town CANNOT tell me what is causing it.

Also I have a hesitation occasionally at 4000 rpms where there is a momentary loss of power followed by ripping all the way to redline. Split second it happens.
For my two cents its an issue with the throttle body sensor-how old is your battery ? replace the battery, ground cable and clean the frame attachment point as well. It may be spinning but that requires very minimal amps, however maybe not enough juice to proper spark-i would start with the battery and ground-on the G that issue causes all sort of electrical gremlins

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[QUOTE="FL_Beachman,
[/QUOTE]

I do have almost no power below 4000 rpms and then it RIPS above 4000. I also notice on occasion if I hit the gas it will rev up to 2000 rpms and stay there even letting off the gas

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
447 Posts
Had a car (single throttle body) that used to 'hiccup' on acceleration, like I turned off the key and turned it back on right away...... ended up a new throttle body solved it.... Might want to contact one of those T.B. rebuilders and see if that's an issue they are familiar with for these cars....??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts