Lamborghini Talk banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
125 Posts
I see Bru from the other post you were going to have the car tuned / remapped- have you done this yet?
Eh, I didn't really notice any improvement in performance since getting the tune. I had hoped to get a before and after dyno to see if it did anything, but the only place in Houston with an AWD dyno that the AV can fit on was out of service. It shifts smoother, which I don't know is a good thing. The car never threw any codes despite not having O2 extenders or cat simulators. Could be the place I used sucks, Idk.

I did buy a Dragy and tested it out Saturday morning, it did perform reasonably well for not being on a prepped surface and the tires weren't fully warmed up. The 60 ft sucked, I expect it to run 10.4 if I can get a good launch. Might need to upgrade to Trofeo R tires.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
262 Posts
I'm in the process of having VF engineering build a tune for my SV not only for the check engine light for the brilliant exhaust upgrade but for a better overall tune. I am concerned though that the tune won't be that effective in any other regard other than simply making the check engine light go away.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,189 Posts
I'm in the process of having VF engineering build a tune for my SV not only for the check engine light for the brilliant exhaust upgrade but for a better overall tune. I am concerned though that the tune won't be that effective in any other regard other than simply making the check engine light go away.
I'm gonna bet you get at least 20 horses out of it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
When I talked to Nik at VF engineering he said 30-50 HP gain. But he said that the greatest Improvement would be getting rid of the check engine light, smooth ER driving overall and a 30 -50 horsepower gain. He did mention that you can also make it have more flames, and flash and bang from the exhaust sound. I'm going to follow up with him again today and see what else can be adjusted. Can anyone think of anything else that might might need to be addressed?

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
125 Posts
When I talked to Nik at VF engineering he said 30-50 HP gain. But he said that the greatest Improvement would be getting rid of the check engine light, smooth ER driving overall and a 30 -50 horsepower gain. He did mention that you can also make it have more flames, and flash and bang from the exhaust sound. I'm going to follow up with him again today and see what else can be adjusted. Can anyone think of anything else that might might need to be addressed?
The place I went to said they could raise the redline to 9,000 and tune for 93 octane since it is plentiful here in Texas. They were not able to raise the redline above 8,500, which they claimed had to do with a restriction on the S model. They claimed they were able to raise it on an SV model, which you appear to have. I can't speak to how this may impact driveability and reliability, but a higher redline would have been dope.

I may have gotten 20 - 50 more horsepower out of the car with the tune, it's just hard to notice since that's only a 3% - 7% difference. I hope to get more real world performance testing with the Dragy soon. They did make it to where I can cause a large explosion out the back, by revving up to 5,500 - 6,000 redline and then letting off the gas. BOOM! haha, good times.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,189 Posts
In all honesty, no one knows if ANY tuner gets gains on these, but at least you know the engine is running healthier than it would without it.

And dynoing these is a pain....finding one, getting reliable results, and if you achieve all that, then you gotta beat not having a heart attack while it's running on the platform. Lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Both exist but I dont want to post them before the owner does. Waiting for the greenlight. All I know is it sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Also the second SVJ system is in the works now!
excited to hear this. might message you soon for aventador s brilliant. at this point dont even mind having the capristo sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Let me also say that when I was in that shop shortly after installation, I can not describe the intensity and volume of this thing, particularly inside the enclosed area. It was ear piercingly and deafeningly loud and fierce. Just what the doctor ordered.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sounds as it should...the Brilliant exhaust is the best out there. Enjoy in good health.

61 - 80 of 101 Posts