Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did it.

I realized an old dream of owning a Lamborghini.

I bought a Giallo Midas Gallardo Coupé, 2004, e-Gear, less than 20k miles, one owner, 90% clutch life ...

I live in Canada, near Montréal.

This particular car checked almost all my boxes, so, could not resist to acquire it.

I wanted

a Coupé, no Spyder, my White Tan S2000 does the job gracefully! I also much prefer the lines of a Coupé.

it Giallo Midas, the best colour for a Gallardo, imvho, the tri coat finish is simply amazing.
A Lamborghini has to be stunning in every way, and it includes its colour!

a pre LP, just for the even firing order of engine; one of the very best sounding engine in the world.

an e-Gear transmission for its rawness and thus, its fun factor, even though manual will appreciate more. It is my fourth toy in my stable, and as until now I only had manual transmissions, so it was time to get a new flavor, to get something different!

yellow painted brake calipers.

I did not want

glass engine lid, although nice, without the glass window it gives the illusion of a longer rear section of car, which is, IMVHO, desirable in a rear mid engine sportscar design.

necessarily the front lift option, with my first gen NSX, I never really any problem, once you have integrated the diagonal technique ...

the black accents of SE, looking at my yellow side mirrors is also part of the pleasure of driving it! These forward leaning mirrors are a superb design touch!

I would have liked

a latest version of pre LP but this actual car is in a near perfect condition.

the nicer steering wheel Lamborghini logo on 05+ models, but I must admit that the 03-04 steering wheel looks better in real, I can live with that, but I will eventually change it ... priority #10!

to have the Callisto wheels but the Cassiopea look better in real. I can live with that!

In the future, I will

-convert it rwd. ( priority # 1 to 3 ! )
-check for e-Gear software upgrade ( if not already done )
-get ADV.5 SL wheels
-lower the car ( I know my car has OEM adjustable coilovers, will it keeps susp geometry if I lower? )
-change exhaust and decat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congratulations!! I recently purchased an 04 Gated. Note* The previous owner of mine lowered it by 1.5 inches. The car is waaay too low and the suspension is not able to work properly. It looks amazing, but really reduces the functionality, the tires hit the fender everywhere. My car is currently in the shop to get raised back up to where the suspension will at least function.

Either way congrats again! Would you mind updating this thread with the difference in driving handling/feel with RWD once you have that done? That is a high up priority for me too.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,449 Posts
Congratulations! I had Giallo and absolutely loved it. I do think black rims are a must.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much Tomcattmatt and Russk!

Congratulations on yours Tom! Looking also for tinted glasses ...

I will try to convert it to rwd soon. I will gladly give you my driving impressions!

Russk,

Ah! Ah! Ah!

You don’t know me ( or maybe you do! ) but you must know that I am a total hater of black wheels!!! 😀
My friends always make fun of this! My son told me that one day he will paint my wheels in black! 😀

To each his own, imvho, black wheels destroy the beauty of a car ( I see no advantages to make a car looking as there is nothing in the wheel arches, I can understand to go for black wheels for a black ou dark car ( and I still don’t like it ... )). Wheels, for me, act like gems and jewels, it adds to the beauty of the car. This is the look I am aiming for my G

But as I said, to each his own, and if you love the look of black wheels there is nothing wrong.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,456 Posts
To each his own, imvho, black wheels destroy the beauty of a car ( I see no advantages to make a car looking as there is nothing in the wheel arches, I can understand to go for black wheels for a black ou dark car ( and I still don’t like it ... )). Wheels, for me, act like gems and jewels, it adds to the beauty of the car. This is the look I am aiming for my G

But as I said, to each his own, and if you love the look of black wheels there is nothing wrong.
I felt exactly the way you do about Black wheels but, now, I am a Black wheel convert..........maybe it's an acquired taste. :giggle: Plus if you can't see those black tar specks they don't exist. 🤣

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congrats!! Definitely get it converted to RWD you will love it... very easy to do!
Great quote btw...looking forward to being able to travel again to Montreal...such a great/beautiful place to visit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Gated666, 2006m5, SpiderBull16 and thelaughingman!

Gated666

I will try to bring it hyper clean! 😀

2006m5

I agree, a timeless design. The G is, imvho, a masterpiece from a design standpoint, it is a modern rendition of a supercar in a minimalist way. Very difficult to make a stunning result with such an approach. When I contemplate a Gallardo, it is a great pleasure for the eyes and also a relief for the brain in these troubled days of overdone and überbusy car designs ...

With its wedgy lines, the Gallardo can be considered as a tribute to the Countach.

Lamborghini did a fantastic job with the G and the H. Very clever to come back with a curvy design with the Huracán, the tradition goes on, like the Diablo the Countach.

Both the G and H will become timeless.

Members here having both?

SpiderBull16

Looking forward to do it. I will get the stubbs maybe this week or the next one ...

Another nice quote ( you already know for sure )

« When you want to be somebody you buy a Ferrari, when you are somebody you buy a Lamborghini. » - Frank Sinatra

Some more:

« The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. » -Malcom S. Forbes

« To believe in something and not to live it is dishonest. » - Gandhi
😱

Yes, Montréal is fun, so many events ... There are so many interesting places ...

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
87 Posts
Beautiful whip man! Congrats! Good luck on the mods but make sure you put many miles on it between upgrades so it doesn't live it's whole life in the shop :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.