Lamborghini officially opens in Malaysia - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Lamborghini in the News

Lamborghini in the News Lamborghini in Media Sources, including Reviews, Road Tests, Shootouts, etc.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 11:07 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Lamborghini officially opens in Malaysia

Finally... now present owners don't have to rely on Singapore or Australia to service their cars.

http://www.star-motoring.com/researc...lambo0426.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2005, 11:13 PM

Thumbs up

That's very interesting that Lamborghini is expanding like this!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-2005, 02:30 AM

Like the article mentioned in recent years there has been a strong increase in brand awareness. The exotic car market in Malaysia has been relatively good and the traditional buys would be Porsches and Ferraris. These buyers won't blink to buy a Ferrari but buying Lamborghinis is a turn off because of poor aftersales(no representation) and also lack of education on the Lamborghini brand. The exotic car market seems to be growing with names like Pagani setting up shop last year.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:34 PM

Default price

hi can i know what pirce for lamborghini on the road in malaysia ringgit...including insurance...thx...
Old 07-02-2005, 04:00 AM

Campbell,
Sorry for not noticing your question earlier. Anyway their list price in malaysian ringgit without insurance is 1.85million for the Murcie e-gear and 1.45million for Gallardo e-gear.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:03 PM

Gallery: 3

You don't want to be driving a Lamborghini in Malaysia...people drive like s**t here.
There are only two rules on Malaysian roads :
1/ most of the time, if you can, try to drive on the left lane
2/The famous ''Me first, and Me only''... which is a general traffic rule in Asia, is very well applied here
These rules apply preferably when you got caught in the traffic...which is about...22 hours a day...
Driving in here is too dangerous, and roads are not good enough to enjoy driving such an expensive car...unless your dealer has lots of spare parts

Last edited by Ayanami; 07-03-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:21 AM

I would say the very few places you would enjoy driving a Lamborghini would be on certain stretches of the north-south expressway and I do mean 'certain stretches' only, elite expressway, NKVE and maybe the new eastcoast expressway. You still have to be careful though. Although you'd think they're good enough but they're not designed for speeds in excess of say 260km/h. First hand experience in a Diablo VT going around 240-260 km/h on elite on the way to the F1 circuit, what looked like a mild undulation and probably harmless in other cars caused our Diablo to 'lift-off' and land hard causing the tyre to scrape the inside of the fender. I can still recall smelling burnt rubber

Btw do you know you have a rare RHD Gold 6.0SE on the island. I keep seeing the car when its in KL. Managed to take a photo of it recently.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:44 AM

Gallery: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr
looked like a mild undulation and probably harmless in other cars caused our Diablo to 'lift-off' and land hard causing the tyre to scrape the inside of the fender. I can still recall smelling burnt rubber
Last time I went to F1 Sepang was in a Bentley Continental GT...didn't noticed any mild undulation ...

That's right some portions are...oklah ...but people in their cars or on their mopeds are so...unpredictable.
I don't know about Sepang, but I know the circuit in Pasir Gudang (were the 500cc were racing before Sepang) is opened most of the weekends to private cars and bikes. Most of the guys are driving half-finished home made tuned Protons. Surprisingly, compared to the mess around, this is well organized, but I have not seen anything interesting yet..except maybe the Subaru Club of Singapore.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:40 AM

gtr,

Any idea whether the KL dealer services cars from Singapore?

Sorry to bump this nearly 4yr old thread right up again though.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:49 PM

Hey guys, I'm new. How does thing work??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Lamborghini in the News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.