Your Top Speed? - Page 4 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 06:30 PM

Gallery: 0

Regarding stopping distances, in a sports car with good tires, good brakes and everything in decent mechanical condition the stopping distance from 60 mph is approximately 105 feet.

Increasing the speed by 20 mph to 80 almost DOUBLE the stopping distance.

In a typical sedan - the stopping distance will at least double, and in a pick up truck the stopping distance will more than double.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 PM

My top speed has been at the Texas Mile, 203.11 in my turbo Vette.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:43 PM

Gallery: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAUTLOS View Post
>
So my 2008 SL with its rated 315 km/h top speed is permitted to show me 350 km/h.

Which it does.
Approved!

Now working on The Roads Project. Will be running amazing driving roads with reviews in flat out full HD glory. Launch late 2013.

gt-lux.com site/email no longer running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbchess View Post
When I watch Game of Thrones, I keep expecting to see Gvan rip through the back of a scene in his Lambo. All your pics and vids have peasants from Winterfell waving at you and ****. I never even see other cars. You drive in a mythical land.

Me, I got Houston.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 AM

As others have stated, whatever you do DON'T test your top speed on any public road.
A speeding ticket is one thing but an "excessive" speeding ticket opens up a whole new can of whoop on you.
Lawyer, heavy fines, license revocation and even criminal charges are possible.
Don't ask me how I know.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 AM

Gallery: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinV10 View Post
As others have stated, whatever you do DON'T test your top speed on any public road.
A speeding ticket is one thing but an "excessive" speeding ticket opens up a whole new can of whoop on you.
Lawyer, heavy fines, license revocation and even criminal charges are possible.
Don't ask me how I know.
What's a speeding ticket?

P.S. Love Italy

Now working on The Roads Project. Will be running amazing driving roads with reviews in flat out full HD glory. Launch late 2013.

gt-lux.com site/email no longer running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbchess View Post
When I watch Game of Thrones, I keep expecting to see Gvan rip through the back of a scene in his Lambo. All your pics and vids have peasants from Winterfell waving at you and ****. I never even see other cars. You drive in a mythical land.

Me, I got Houston.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 AM

190 on the speedo. 06 with rear wheel drive only, Bmc filters and carbon exhaust.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Bull Rida
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V10ray View Post
190 on the speedo. 06 with rear wheel drive only, Bmc filters and carbon exhaust.
Very nice!

I did 166 ish....
Old 12-06-2012, 10:14 PM

So reading the post, I wonder how fast I was truly going. Speedo said 185 when I took my foot off the pedal. I have some law enforcement buddies who shut down 5 miles of straight, newly paved roads... Yes, a dream come true. Kicker was, they got a chance to drive her after I did. I was in the car, but that was the deal we made.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:27 PM

Reading through this I'm surprised people don't know that speedometers aren't accurate... and it's NOT ONLY LAMBORGHINIS, this is for ALL CARS. Ya speedos will be pretty precise up to 100mph, but then the margin of error increases exponentially after that. That's why people use vbox/gps data to get accurate numbers... No one has watched top speed testing on Bugatti's or 1000hp+ cars? They NEVER use speedos. That being said, I do wonder about electronic displays, like on the Aventador. I would think they would be a little more accurate (but still off at high speeds).

My '03 Kia Optima tops out at 108mph (on speedo) but I did get it to 122mph going downhill once... lol.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 AM

This is not really my area of expertise but isn't all speedometers showing more so you will be able to change to bigger rims without getting into trouble for speeding?

Maybe that was older cars...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.