Your Top Speed? - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum
 
  homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 08:52 PM
andecorp's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 11 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 101
Gallery: 0
Default

307kph GPS confirmed in my modified Lotus in the Outback.
__________________
'97 Roadster
'97 SV
Australia
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 30 2012
Posts: 5
Gallery: 0
Default

140-150 in the LP-560, I've hit 170+ 2 dozen times in a Z06, at least 5 times I set my mind on going for 200mph in that car, but always chickened out around 175.

My thrills are acceleration, corners, brakes, and sound, not really high speeds. Although its quite a rush hitting those mid triple digit speeds. I just start worrying about death, lol.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
ToofDoc's Avatar
Bull Rida
Silver Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 18 2011
Location: Where I rather NOT be
Posts: 1,254
Gallery: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcars99 View Post
140-150 in the LP-560, I've hit 170+ 2 dozen times in a Z06, at least 5 times I set my mind on going for 200mph in that car, but always chickened out around 175.

My thrills are acceleration, corners, brakes, and sound, not really high speeds. Although its quite a rush hitting those mid triple digit speeds. I just start worrying about death, lol.
I was too! Anything happens...a deer jumps out, a tire blows, I'm dead!

Don't think it'll be an often thing, but doing once was amazing!

My goal was to hit >150 MPH and I did....so now I'm done with that!
__________________
Instagram: @toofdocta
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Russk's Avatar
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 04 2008
Location: Paradise! (also know as Hawaii)
Posts: 5,780
Gallery: 5
Default

There is one safe place, however I would need a spotter. The H-3 freeway has a long stretch with no entry/exits and no chance of hitting any kind of animal (almost no chance, we do have the mongoose), just need someone on a cell phone up ahead to give me the all clear. This is tempting, but for now I just have to enjoy the short bursts.
__________________
2008 Gallardo Spyder Sold
2012 Gallardo Spyder
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:49 AM
c2's Avatar
c2 c2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 11 2011
Posts: 1,974
Gallery: 0
Default

I did 165mph at Pocono - but after double checking the speedo in the G against the Z06 - it was realistically 155. The Lambo speedo reads high, and the faster you go - the higher the reading (as was stated earlier).

In either car I'm "comfortable" up to speeds of about 150 (which means 160 indicated in the Lambo) but anything faster and things happen so fast it gets scary. Like dreamcars99 said, the thrill for me is the corners and acceleration/deceleration.

I capped my speeds (in the Z06) at Road America at about 145 on the front straight. Despite being one of the longest, fastest road courses - the undulating pavement of the front straight was not confidence inspiring and tended to upset the car.

I'm not afraid to admit that my comfort zone stops around 150 mph on a race track.

Andy - I'm glad you set up a gopro to check speed. The last thing anyone should be doing is staring at their instruments. On track we only check instruments once per lap - usually on the longest straight, and it's a quick glance to be sure nothing is wrong (I focus on temps and warning lights and rarely look at tach and almost never at speedo).

Sort of a related story - here in Pittsburgh our rivers have locks - in some cases every couple of miles. A friend with a jet ski loaned it to an adult friend. The guy had never been on a jet ski but was familiar with them, and road motorcycles and was a pretty reliable/responsible guy. He set off the the jet ski, and was so intently staring at the speedo to achieve top speed - he completely missed the HUGE sign in the middle of the river warning of a dam up ahead. He ended up flying over the dam and was incredibly lucky to land (the drop was maybe 10 feet) and keep going without crashing head first into the river below. He had to go through the lock to get back up river, and got chewed out by the lock master (which was well deserved), and then had to sheepishly show back up at the dock where everyone on the boat was worried sick about the guy after seeing him disappear downriver. It could have been a disaster but he was one lucky guy. Needless to say our friend doesn't loan the jet ski to newbies anymore.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Chuck A's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 12 2012
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 143
Gallery: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToofDoc View Post
Nice!! You got to be feeling that you were flying!
exactly, very intense indeed
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM
gvan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 30 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 10,230
Gallery: 11
Default

I also feel quite comfortable up to about 140-150 mph, even on twistier roads and "near urban" environments where things happen around you, but faster than that it's the stopping distances that scare me.

Things are coming at you only marginally faster at 175 vs 140mph, but the difference stopping distance is HUGE, almost double I think. At 140 mph you brake with confidence, faster than that it doesn't even feel like you're slowing down for the first second and that's what's unnerving. At higher than 150mph the stopping distance is beyond what you can see or react to, so things start becoming out of your hands, and that uncertainty is what makes it scary, especially since you are still responsible even if you can't see it.

To me anyway...
__________________
Twitter @SidewayGreg if you need me.


Now working on The Roads Project. Will be running amazing driving roads with reviews in flat out full HD glory. Launch late 2013.

gt-lux.com site/email no longer running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbchess View Post
When I watch Game of Thrones, I keep expecting to see Gvan rip through the back of a scene in his Lambo. All your pics and vids have peasants from Winterfell waving at you and ****. I never even see other cars. You drive in a mythical land.

Me, I got Houston.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 11:20 AM
gvan's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 30 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 10,230
Gallery: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol2020 View Post

Sort of a related story - here in Pittsburgh our rivers have locks - in some cases every couple of miles. A friend with a jet ski loaned it to an adult friend. The guy had never been on a jet ski but was familiar with them, and road motorcycles and was a pretty reliable/responsible guy. He set off the the jet ski, and was so intently staring at the speedo to achieve top speed - he completely missed the HUGE sign in the middle of the river warning of a dam up ahead. He ended up flying over the dam and was incredibly lucky to land (the drop was maybe 10 feet) and keep going without crashing head first into the river below. He had to go through the lock to get back up river, and got chewed out by the lock master (which was well deserved), and then had to sheepishly show back up at the dock where everyone on the boat was worried sick about the guy after seeing him disappear downriver. It could have been a disaster but he was one lucky guy. Needless to say our friend doesn't loan the jet ski to newbies anymore.
Video or it didn't happen :P
__________________
Twitter @SidewayGreg if you need me.


Now working on The Roads Project. Will be running amazing driving roads with reviews in flat out full HD glory. Launch late 2013.

gt-lux.com site/email no longer running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbchess View Post
When I watch Game of Thrones, I keep expecting to see Gvan rip through the back of a scene in his Lambo. All your pics and vids have peasants from Winterfell waving at you and ****. I never even see other cars. You drive in a mythical land.

Me, I got Houston.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 30 2012
Posts: 197
Gallery: 0
Default

Why is the speedo off in the G's? It adds more mileage to the car then actually driven. I thought my car felt like it was going slower than the speedo indicated!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Russk's Avatar
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 04 2008
Location: Paradise! (also know as Hawaii)
Posts: 5,780
Gallery: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05G6SP View Post
Why is the speedo off in the G's? It adds more mileage to the car then actually driven. I thought my car felt like it was going slower than the speedo indicated!
That is a good point about the mileage. I wonder if speedos in kilometers are off as well?
__________________
2008 Gallardo Spyder Sold
2012 Gallardo Spyder
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6.
The time now is 06:25 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© AutoGuide

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2