Super Trofeo overpriced? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 07:07 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Super Trofeo overpriced?

Do you guys think the Super Trofeo Stradale is overpriced? I have to say, it's been a while since I've paid much attention to any Lamborghini without scissor doors, but I'm certainly looking at the STS. Looks great, sounds great and from what I hear, it's got performance to boot....but...price is getting so close to Aventador no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSF6qY-YlVg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 07:15 AM

The Gallardo STS will run you ~$250k, compared to the Aventador will run you ~$450k. They're not really that close in price.

Also, the STS is the final hardcore edition of the Gallardo, and was made in very limited numbers. So it is not surprising that it commands a premium over other Gallardo models.

The Dream Setup:
Saleen S7 Twin Turbo - Orange
Lamborghini LP670-SV - Matte Black
Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-SL - Verde Ithaca
Ford GT - Red W/Stripe
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlylespicks View Post
Do you guys think the Super Trofeo Stradale is overpriced? I have to say, it's been a while since I've paid much attention to any Lamborghini without scissor doors, but I'm certainly looking at the STS. Looks great, sounds great and from what I hear, it's got performance to boot....but...price is getting so close to Aventador no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSF6qY-YlVg
NOT even close in price...and if you are paying $250K for a STS Used, its too much..

I have a BRAND NEW one I would let go for the 250K as well as know of two used ones in the 235K mark..I just sold our 5K Red STS for $225K

The STS is the most INSANE car made IMO for the G line..a hand above the standard LP570-4SL cars

Roy

1-866-LAMBORGHINI

425-787-6200 Ext #3
roy@catsexotics.com

www.catsexotics.com
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM

I wonder how much it will hold its value over the next 3-5 years.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:24 PM

Good points! I'm more familiar with Superleggera/SV models. Also I'm thinking of murci prices. That Aventador is pricey. It's more than the top of the line Murcielago SV and it's only the base model V12. how much will the roadster and the SV be? Wow. Creeping up on half a million now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubScriptZero View Post
The Gallardo STS will run you ~$250k, compared to the Aventador will run you ~$450k. They're not really that close in price.

Also, the STS is the final hardcore edition of the Gallardo, and was made in very limited numbers. So it is not surprising that it commands a premium over other Gallardo models.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:25 PM

Guy in video says just under $300,000 new. Is $50,000 less "just under"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roytoy2003 View Post
NOT even close in price...and if you are paying $250K for a STS Used, its too much..

Roy
Old 02-22-2013, 10:34 PM

A new STS would run over $300K new here, and I can only imagine the Aventador roadster would fetch close to $100K over the coupe, so all in all...looking at around $600K are my guesses, wouldn't dare to think how much the Aventador SV would cost in due time...maybe $700K?? yeah....
Old 02-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlylespicks View Post
Guy in video says just under $300,000 new. Is $50,000 less "just under"?
Well first off he is mistaken when he says in the Video that they came in 3 colors, White, Grey and BLACK..never came in Black//only White, Grey and RED....

And their car MSRP of $292K has the insane option of of CCB at $18K...which most STS cars for the USA do not have...Steal breaks are better for track use then CCB..so now we are down to about $272K///then take out the $6K stereo/Nav that this car does not need...so MOST STS cars stickered at
$263K apporx..

1-866-LAMBORGHINI

425-787-6200 Ext #3
roy@catsexotics.com

www.catsexotics.com
Old 02-23-2013, 11:15 AM

Lambo Houston has one listed for $239k. It's an original factory car (#005-150)... The original factory cars had a secret tune and fully delimited. I drove it, that sucker has to be putting out at least 600-620, and it shifts like a maniac. The throttle response is like a damn chainsaw. Totally different than any other gallardo I have driven.

Get it!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grigio Bicolore View Post
Lambo Houston has one listed for $239k. It's an original factory car (#005-150)... The original factory cars had a secret tune and fully delimited. I drove it, that sucker has to be putting out at least 600-620, and it shifts like a maniac. The throttle response is like a damn chainsaw. Totally different than any other gallardo I have driven.

Get it!
True, they are totally different then any other G as well as a bit more "Angry" then even the 570-4SL cars...but it is a 'Wive's tale" that the Factory Demo cars are "secretly tuned..or delimited"...just not the case.. I will agree with you howver that the STS cars are closer to 589HP then the 570SL cars of 566HP..and that is for ALL the STS cars (USA versions) not just a "Demo" car....the STS cars have a few "Tweaks" done to them, but due to their low production numbers are not required nor recorded with DOT/EPA for USA..only 29 units made it to the USA..not to mention that it would hurt their bread and butter 560-4 as well as 570-4SL cars that are still produced for the MY 2013 and possibly 2014

1-866-LAMBORGHINI

425-787-6200 Ext #3
roy@catsexotics.com

www.catsexotics.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.