Spare Keys for Gallardo... - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 07:40 PM

Gallery: 0
Angry Spare Keys for Gallardo...

The previous owner of my '04 Gallardo seems to have lost all but one key, including the airbag keys and the magic key code.

Lamborghini USA want $750 for a new key and fob with no guarentee the key will actually work with my car..

anyone got any ideas? Is there an equivalent Audi part perhaps?

thanks,

one-key Simon..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 PM

i lost one of my keys last year, i only paid like $400.00 o.c. lambo. for key and programming. it took like 4 weeks to get the key from lambo...750.00 sound like to much.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Keys part 2

Ok,

after digging around I've found that the FCC ID on the Lambo keys matches that for the later generation Audi keys (MYT8Z0837231), and that some of the Audi keys also have a very similar code number (the Lambo one is 400837231A, the Audi is 4D0837231M).

Would any one like to hazard a guess as to compatibility? For the $50 it costs for a blank Audi key on ebay, it's worth a challenge IF I can get hold of the remote programming instructions.

Does anyone have those to hand?

S.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:36 PM

I would realy like to know as well if an Audi blank would work. I always worry about loosing my key when away from home and would like to hide a spare in the car.
I also toyed withthe idea of switching the Lamborghini FOB key with a smaller physical Audi key and just having the lamborghini key hidden under the dash (assuming the FOB signal is required to run the car). This would get around a problem I have of my long legs hitting the Lambo key that sticks out 3 inches when driving.
Please go ahead an let us know if your theory works.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:30 PM

You know that you can separate the fob from the key simply by prising them appart with a screwdriver at the notch below the Lambo logo? The two units are quite separate.

Then you could mount your actual key in something simpler, or simply have an Audi blank cut to match. There's nothing special about the "key" end of the Fob.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:49 PM

Does anyone know how to reset/resynchronize a new gallardo key so the alarm/immobilizer works? Dealer told me to press unlock while turning the ignition, but this isn't working. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:22 PM

Unless things have changed:
Press "unlock"
Insert the key into the ignition --- turn the key to the ON position
Turn back to OFF and remove the key.

See if that works.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:53 PM

turn the key to the on position. Hold both the unlock/lock buttons down for about 10 seconds.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:35 PM

No go on either method... guess I'll make another trip back to the dealer. Thx.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFlint View Post
No go on either method... guess I'll make another trip back to the dealer. Thx.
Just for the hell of it : Does the 'new key' have a battery in it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.