slow drip coming out of both exhaust pipes - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2009, 09:39 AM

Gallery: 0
Default slow drip coming out of both exhaust pipes

07 G spyder...the drips occur after starting it up and letting her run for about 2 minutes....looks clear doesnt stain and not much coming out....does not happen with vehicle turned off...is this ok or is there a leak somewhere? recently my coolant light came on and the vehicle took in about a half of a gallon of collant but we put her up in the air to inspect for leaks or a loose hose and there was nothing...the slow drip comes out of both exhaust pipes and seems to stop once its warmed up and running...any thoughts or similar experiences?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Gold Site Supporter

Gallery: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Spyder View Post
07 G spyder...the drips occur after starting it up and letting her run for about 2 minutes....looks clear doesnt stain and not much coming out....does not happen with vehicle turned off...is this ok or is there a leak somewhere? recently my coolant light came on and the vehicle took in about a half of a gallon of collant but we put her up in the air to inspect for leaks or a loose hose and there was nothing...the slow drip comes out of both exhaust pipes and seems to stop once its warmed up and running...any thoughts or similar experiences?
Sounds like it is just condensation. Are you in a cool climate?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

Right it's just water, comes out of all cars on start up.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-17-2009, 12:23 PM

Warm moist air going through cool pipes and condensation. This is a first time for you ever seeing this on any car before?
Old 10-17-2009, 01:49 PM

If you are unsure you could always taste it
Old 10-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Rosso,

You should read my post under "engine light problem" re: CEL. I posted the summary from the mechanic. It turned out what caused my CEL to go on was the exhaust sensor. It was plugged from condensation and prior too this happening I noticed water dripping from the exhaust tips.

Russ

Last edited by Russk; 10-17-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:58 PM

It sounds like the throtostat valve is on the fritz. You may also want to check the whistler gear. When was the last time you changed the rubber stoppits?
Old 10-17-2009, 06:55 PM

i like the condensation posts and hate the others...hahahaha!!!...i actually am in a very cool climate---new england...russ k i read your post and it scared me so i stopped...kidding its under warranty so i'm not too concerned...any way to preventively "unplug" condensation?
Old 10-19-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Spyder View Post
i like the condensation posts and hate the others...hahahaha!!!...i actually am in a very cool climate---new england...russ k i read your post and it scared me so i stopped...kidding its under warranty so i'm not too concerned...any way to preventively "unplug" condensation?

My ex just called me this morning worried about her Buick Enclave doing this. I told her it was just condensation. She said "but it is only coming out of one side of the exhaust". I explained to her the car just splits the exhaust and if there was something wrong with the engine it would come out both sides. Hers is under warranty too so I assured her it was nothing to worry about.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgreg75 View Post
My ex just called me this morning worried about her Buick Enclave doing this. I told her it was just condensation. She said "but it is only coming out of one side of the exhaust". I explained to her the car just splits the exhaust and if there was something wrong with the engine it would come out both sides. Hers is under warranty too so I assured her it was nothing to worry about.

Boy your one heck of a nice guy....

If it was my Ex-Wife, the call would have been 4 seconds long

"Call your lawyer and ask him"

Click as the phone is hung up....

1-866-LAMBORGHINI

425-787-6200 Ext #3
roy@catsexotics.com

www.catsexotics.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.