Skid plates (again) - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 04:35 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Skid plates (again)

Topic has been posted a few times but usually just deadends.
Been searching around here and elsewhere for some discreet skidplates for my car, especially since a new scrape has appeared that I don't even recall putting on.
I use the lift in any questionable area but none the less a nice paint scrape and chip has shown up.

Most of the links and threads on the subject here and go nowhere. One shop however still makes them and they look nice.
They are supposed to be drilled in with stainless steel screws but I am thinking of some other alternative mounting method (commercial dbl sided tape or adhesive). I can't see any downside to this. They are priced quite reasonably, fit the curve of the bumper and they are not some huge piece of plastic like some alternative plates I've seen. Here is the site: LDP Engineering - engineered skid plates vehicle protection I contacted them and they got back to me quickly. Priced at $130.00 plus shipping.

Any thoughts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 AM

i think that is perfectly fine. i would just use some double sided tape or silicon as you planned.

i used a couple layers of extra thick clear bra material on the frontal edges of my bumper. it has proven to be useful in 1-2 occasion. that was free and easier than a real skid plate. just another option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Supporting Vendor

Jon its very hard to prevent this. Some times when you lease expect it, it happens. Just enjoy the car and dont worry about those scratches that you can even see lol.

Instagram@IMSAUTOMOTIVEDESIGN

John@imsautomotivedesign.com
Work. 917-559-2952
Old 11-21-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrat85 View Post
Jon its very hard to prevent this. Some times when you lease expect it, it happens. Just enjoy the car and dont worry about those scratches that you can even see lol.
I know John but you know how it is when you get a new car..lol.
The thing is the previous owner had the car 4 years and didn't but so much as a scratch under the bumper...it was spotless....so I christened it...
Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinV10 View Post
I know John but you know how it is when you get a new car..lol.
The thing is the previous owner had the car 4 years and didn't but so much as a scratch under the bumper...it was spotless....so I christened it...
WOW thats crazy. Remember we live in new york

Instagram@IMSAUTOMOTIVEDESIGN

John@imsautomotivedesign.com
Work. 917-559-2952
Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 AM

Well I ordered a set of these skid plates today to try them out, will let you know how they work.
Going to use 3M automotive grade dbl sided tape to attach, the manufacturer says it works well.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:20 PM

Default Are you Happy with these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinV10 View Post
Well I ordered a set of these skid plates today to try them out, will let you know how they work.
Going to use 3M automotive grade dbl sided tape to attach, the manufacturer says it works well.
How did you attach? Are you satisfied?

Thanks

2007 Gallardo Coupe
Fabspeed Sports Exhaust, CF muffler, CF intake, FS intake hoses, EVOMSIT ECU tune, E-Gear TCU Upgrade, SL Wing, Beltronics STi-R+, L.I. High Power Dual Jammers, Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT, JL Amp, upgraded speakers & dual 6.5" subs.

Rolls Silver Spur II
Jag XK8
Caddy CTS
Hummer H3
Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

I'm putting some furniture sliders (round disks) under my nose. A friend of mine said they do a great job.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanr View Post
How did you attach? Are you satisfied?

Thanks
I used commercial grade double sided tape and they worked great. NO screws.
In fact, I just had a new bumper put on and it was a bitch to get them off but managed with a heat gun.
They really work quite well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.