Remanufactured clutch - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 11:19 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Remanufactured clutch

I had googled for gallardo clutches and came across remanufactured clutches. Has anyone ever purchased a remanufactured clutch? If so, what were your results? Also, are there companies out there that will purchase my old clutch, once the swap is complete? Thanks in advance...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 AM

Deleted due to below

Last edited by Icewarrior; 11-10-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:32 AM

Uh oh, better clear the air right away on this one.

Hi -tech Exotic only sells new assemblies, and Exotic Clutch Technologies sells both, at very different price points.
Hummer H1
Dodge Ram
Ducati 999S
and a few other motorcycles.....
Old 11-10-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
Uh oh, better clear the air right away on this one.

Hi -tech Exotic only sells new assemblies, and Exotic Clutch Technologies sells both, at very different price points.
Deleted my post lol :P
Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Remanufactured clutches start with a worn out clutch which they rebuilt the disc and only the disc. You will still get a used flywheel and a used pressure plate. A used pressure plate has lost 50-75% of its clamping force. Because of the loss of the clamping force, you have to increase the clamping force so it can hold the power. This translates into a stiffer clutch pedal pressure for manuals.

Some of the remanufactured clutches don't work very well with E-gear because you have increased the clamping force and the whole characteristic of the clutch has been changed.

We use brand new clutch. That is why our Kevlar clutch lasts about 300% longer than a stock clutch. It also depends what kind of Kevlar material is used. Just saying Kevlar does not make a clutch good. We use the same high quality Kevlar material that is used in the aerospace industry. Yes it does cost us more but that's why everyone here are so satisfied and their clutches have lasted so long.

It also depends how you set it up. A lot of other company's Kevlar clutch chatters and vibrates. Ours does not chatter because we get it 100% even and flat. There is no imperfection. We tested our E-gear Kevlar clutch for 12-18 months before we released it to the public. We made a lot adjustments to the set up to make sure it's smooth and drive-able before it was released.

I hope this answered some of your questions. If you have any more questions, feel free to give us a call at 1-888-456-0437.

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic
www.hitechexotic.com

#1 Rated Lamborghini Kevlar clutch

Specializing in Kevlar clutches for
Lamborghini and Ferrari for 15 years

1-888-456-0437
Sean@HiTechExotic.com
Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handcuffsready View Post
I had googled for gallardo clutches and came across remanufactured clutches. Has anyone ever purchased a remanufactured clutch? If so, what were your results? Also, are there companies out there that will purchase my old clutch, once the swap is complete? Thanks in advance...
Dude, the clutch is not something you need to try to trim too much fat from.

G (and M) clutches are not that big and are exposed to all kinds of stress.

Regular new OEM clutches are in the $2k range.

If you are sweating $2k for a clutch in your Lamborghini, well....
Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 AM

Thanks for your 2 cents ravill, but I don't need to explain financials. Because someone does research and takes time to understand differences from what's out there, doesn't mean the are worried about 2 grand. I had respectful and helpful answers from other members on here. So attitudes like yours are why people have an automatic opinion of me just because I'm in my twenties and drive a lambo... I hope that my actions when driving her break down the stereotype that people like you have made.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handcuffsready View Post
Thanks for your 2 cents ravill, but I don't need to explain financials. Because someone does research and takes time to understand differences from what's out there, doesn't mean the are worried about 2 grand. I had respectful and helpful answers from other members on here. So attitudes like yours are why people have an automatic opinion of me just because I'm in my twenties and drive a lambo... I hope that my actions when driving her break down the stereotype that people like you have made.

No you don't have to explain financials.

And I don't know you from Adam. And I don't care how old you are. There are 16 year olds with aventadors. It means nothing to me. Do you think I'm much older than you?

I have made no stereotype about you.

I merely opined on the merits of clutches. Lamborghini clutches to be exact. They are very small and are exposed to alot of stress. And most importantly, it isn't the easiest component to repeatedly replace. Ergo, not a place to try to skimp on SOLID, reliable pieces of equipment.

A remanufactured OEM clutch sounds like a bad idea. Atleast consider a kevlar reman from ECT. They have great prices.

It sounded like your were trying to get money back for your old clutch and save a pretty penny on your clutch. Ain't nothin wrong with trying to be savvy about how much you spend, just make sure you are spending it on quality stuff.

I shopped and compared and talked to all sorts of people and I saved thousands on my clutch.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:05 PM

LMAO Ravill! Your post and reply remind me of the time you called me a bit obtuse Canadian, or something similar, in the context of someones comment to a post I made.

Now it is payback time! "Ravill may seem harsh at times, but he is really trying to help"! LOL some more.

Sometimes newbies do not understand that we are just trying to help, even though our medicine is sometimes hard to swallow. That is the flack we get in return..LOL. Keep up the good advice. Cheers.

Oh yeah OP, false economy trying to get a rebuilt clutch. And yes, I suspect you can sell the core to a reman place.

Latest garage entries;
2015 Stingray Z51 coupe
2006 Corvette Z51 yellow coupe (FOR SALE!)
2012 LP 560-4 orange e-gear coupe (FOR SALE!)
2004 LP-140 (= Gallardo) (sold)
Old 11-12-2012, 03:21 PM

LOL!!

I swear I didn't mean to come off like an A-hole!

I'm sorry about that Handcuffsready.

And I remember that post that someone got a little bent out of shape about Carbuff. I think I said something to the effect of "don't hold it against him, he's canadian!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.