Performante or superlegerra - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Performante or superlegerra

Had an 2010 lp560 spyder. Back in the market now. Love all the CF of superGs. Found an 11 w1k miles. 276k sticker new. Also have 11 Performante w/5k miles for $10k more. Similar msrp on both. Any thoughts? I drive maybe 6-800 miles/mo. Both should hold values well given they are newer variants. Thanks in advance
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

That's a tough one. Aside from taste, if you're into seriously aggressive driving and occasional track days I would say the SL is the right choice hands down. But for just a fun car to cruise around town in with a spirited drive through the country...all of the goodies of the SL packaged into a Spyder...must have it.

I would lean towards the Performante. It's just too damn cool! Not to mention if it stands up in the market anything like the Ferrari F430 16M, which is their "performante"....I suspect it will hold value even better than the SL.
Sterling, VA 20164

Last edited by Josh@ECS; 11-23-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Platinum Site Supporter

i have a performante and love it. i have had a spyder before and just love the open top for my 'fun' car. i DD a suv so i look forward to the top down driving.

if i were going to do racing, i would lean towards a coupe so there are no issues clearing tech (no cage on the performante).

also, there is a small shelf behind the seats of the SLs, but not in the Performantes. most people mount their fire extinguisher on that shelf, but in the Perf you have to mount it to the rail of the passenger seat or to a fixed mount up high in the passenger footwell. Reiter Engineering has some pics of a footwell mount (http://www.reiter-engineering.com/en...eering/65.html).

they also have a cage, but i cant imagine putting that in my performante. well MAYBE if it were removeable. UGR also had a cage design tha looked pretty good (http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/t...allardo_06.jpg)

i'll pm you re the performante pricing, i just got mine back in june.

Last edited by jhbchess; 11-21-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 AM

Why not get a convertible 911 and a SL? That way, you get top down and full-on performance of a Lambo also.

I have two convertibles for daily. They are fun to tool around town and even weekend drives.

If you can only get one, I would go with the performante since you are a spider type of guy.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:33 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. Actually decided to lean towards SL. My spyder was my first drop top. Loved it. Variety is the spice of life for me. Plus when I had the spyder, top was down 95% of the time. Just too many hater types in my area. Harder to avoid those guys when they can see straight into my ride at a stoplight. I do feel spyders are more sexy though.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@ECS View Post
I would lean towards the Performante. It's just too damn cool! Not to mention if it stands up in the market anything like the Ferrari F430 15M, which is their "performante"....I suspect it will hold value even better than the SL.
For value retention and fun factor, I would agree with this. Yes, 16Ms are now about $60k more than fixed roof Scuds, when they were $20k apart.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01 View Post
For value retention and fun factor, I would agree with this. Yes, 16Ms are now about $60k more than fixed roof Scuds, when they were $20k apart.
I don't know that rarri to Lambo is an apples to apples comparison in this situation given rarri produces more then twice as many cars as Lambo each year. The 16m was a very limited run vehicle. Performantes are much more readily available vs 16m.

Plus with a used SL vs Performante, I am already experiencing the benefit of additional depreciation. True the 2 cars I am comparing are only $10k apart however the performante has 5x the mileage (1 vs 5k). At the end of the day, Ill drive either car. I'm not a garage queen guy so both will lose me $ but joy gained will easily offset.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
I don't know that rarri to Lambo is an apples to apples comparison in this situation given rarri produces more then twice as many cars as Lambo each year. The 16m was a very limited run vehicle. Performantes are much more readily available vs 16m.

Plus with a used SL vs Performante, I am already experiencing the benefit of additional depreciation. True the 2 cars I am comparing are only $10k apart however the performante has 5x the mileage (1 vs 5k). At the end of the day, Ill drive either car. I'm not a garage queen guy so both will lose me $ but joy gained will easily offset.
I don't know what the Performante production is, but I can't imagine its much more (if any)than the 500 16Ms.

Great choice either way though....
Old 11-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

How about a STS..the ebst of the best and limited production...

2012 Lamborghini Supertrofeo Stradale Lynnwood, Washington | Cats Exotics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1Q_800.jpg (41.5 KB, 8 views)

1-866-LAMBORGHINI

425-787-6200 Ext #3
roy@catsexotics.com

www.catsexotics.com
Old 11-22-2012, 02:44 PM

either one will be good once B throws us a deal on the TT kits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.