Options to add CCBs - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 12:37 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Options to add CCBs

I bought my new LP560 without the CCB option and now wish I would have opted for it. Looked through a few search options and no clear answer to this question so far, are there any options for adding ceramic rotors and/or pads to the LP560? Coming from a ZR1 the stopping of the LP needs a little help not to mention the insane amount of brake dust everywhere.

Also is it normal when braking hard from 150+mph to have the car feel like it wants to spin the rear around the front to the point the driver has to counter steer? Maybe itís the mid-engine setup Iím not sure. Forgive the noobness as I am more used to rear wheel drive Camaros, Corvettes, and Ford GTís. Thanks guys!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 12:50 AM

Gallery: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forced560 View Post
Also is it normal when braking hard from 150+mph to have the car feel like it wants to spin the rear around the front to the point the driver has to counter steer? Maybe itís the mid-engine setup Iím not sure. Forgive the noobness as I am more used to rear wheel drive Camaros, Corvettes, and Ford GTís. Thanks guys!
Yup. Inertia. The back is heavier, wants to come around. You can use it to your advantage getting it to rotate into corners under hard braking Nice to know you're driving it properly!

Try just slotting in some EBC yellow or other high performance pads. I found the OEM Ferodo's were crap. EBC's made a HUGE difference.

Now working on The Roads Project. Will be running amazing driving roads with reviews in flat out full HD glory. Launch late 2013.

gt-lux.com site/email no longer running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbchess View Post
When I watch Game of Thrones, I keep expecting to see Gvan rip through the back of a scene in his Lambo. All your pics and vids have peasants from Winterfell waving at you and ****. I never even see other cars. You drive in a mythical land.

Me, I got Houston.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Supporting Vendor

Default CCB upgrade

R1400115-carbo-ceramic brakes kit black (with black brake calipers)
r1400116-carbo-ceramic brakes kit yellow (with yellow brake)
r1400117-carbo-ceramic brakes kit silver (with silver brake)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbon brake upgrade.jpg (31.9 KB, 44 views)

Best Pricing & Customer Service Guaranteed!!
Glen 614-216-5767
amhparts@aol.com
www.exoticwholesaleparts.com
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMHParts View Post
R1400115-carbo-ceramic brakes kit black (with black brake calipers)
r1400116-carbo-ceramic brakes kit yellow (with yellow brake)
r1400117-carbo-ceramic brakes kit silver (with silver brake)
Hey Glen,

The above part numbers are wrong. They are for 2004-2008 Gallardo. He has a LP560. Since he has a LP560, he doesn't have to change his hubs, only rotors and calipers . I hope you don't mind me correcting you.

Thanks
Sean

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic
www.hitechexotic.com

#1 Rated Lamborghini Kevlar clutch

Specializing in Kevlar clutches for
Lamborghini and Ferrari for 15 years

1-888-456-0437
Sean@HiTechExotic.com
Old 07-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Tech Exotic View Post
Hey Glen,

The above part numbers are wrong. They are for 2004-2008 Gallardo. He has a LP560. Since he has a LP560, he doesn't have to change his hubs, only rotors and calipers . I hope you don't mind me correcting you.

Thanks
Sean
No problem I just used it as a reference

Best Pricing & Customer Service Guaranteed!!
Glen 614-216-5767
amhparts@aol.com
www.exoticwholesaleparts.com
Old 07-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMHParts View Post
No problem I just used it as a reference
I understand...

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic
www.hitechexotic.com

#1 Rated Lamborghini Kevlar clutch

Specializing in Kevlar clutches for
Lamborghini and Ferrari for 15 years

1-888-456-0437
Sean@HiTechExotic.com
Old 07-17-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I bought my new LP560 without the CCB option and now wish I would have opted for it. Looked through a few search options and no clear answer to this question so far, are there any options for adding ceramic rotors and/or pads to the LP560? Coming from a ZR1 the stopping of the LP needs a little help not to mention the insane amount of brake dust everywhere.

Also is it normal when braking hard from 150+mph to have the car feel like it wants to spin the rear around the front to the point the driver has to counter steer? Maybe it’s the mid-engine setup I’m not sure. Forgive the noobness as I am more used to rear wheel drive Camaros, Corvettes, and Ford GT’s. Thanks guys!
Only way to resolve the unstable braking is add grippier tires. Why do you need more braking power... The brakes are overcoming the grip of the rubber already in stock form hence the instability you feel.

The only real reason for an upgrade in the brakes as far as i feel is to stop brake fade if you really push the car, for example repeatedly at the track. If so, have you considered an endless mono block gt set up?

Cheers and welcome to the forum.

Dec 2009 LP550-2 Blue caelum Balboni. Reiter Engineering Super Trofeo Strada full carbon body kit. Superleggera seats. Endless GT big brake race kit. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Hoosier for the track.
June 2010 Golf R 3 door Rising Blue.
Dec 2008 Cayenne Turbo S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
I know the Gallardo does it's best work in front of the local Starbucks, but it handles the track OK too.
http://smfracing.blogspot.com
Old 07-18-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvan View Post
Yup. Inertia. The back is heavier, wants to come around. You can use it to your advantage getting it to rotate into corners under hard braking Nice to know you're driving it properly!

Try just slotting in some EBC yellow or other high performance pads. I found the OEM Ferodo's were crap. EBC's made a HUGE difference.
Thanks for the great feedback gvan. With the EBC ceramic pads did you notice a significant reduction in brake dust on the rims and car? Also are the pads quiet during braking as some ceramic pads tend to squeak?

I may elect to only go the pad route for now and do the full CCB conversion once the UGR twin kit gets put on. Since I bought the car new I want to drive it for a few thousand miles to make sure there are no factory issues that need to be fixed under warranty.

Thanks for the info about the inertia, will have to keep that in mind and modulate the braking a little smoother.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harold996tt View Post
Only way to resolve the unstable braking is add grippier tires. Why do you need more braking power... The brakes are overcoming the grip of the rubber already in stock form hence the instability you feel.

The only real reason for an upgrade in the brakes as far as i feel is to stop brake fade if you really push the car, for example repeatedly at the track. If so, have you considered an endless mono block gt set up?

Cheers and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I agree the brakes and inertia are overpowering the grip of the tires. The idea is to be prepared for the addition of a twin turbo kit where the condition will be worse. Better brakes and tires should make the car safer and enhance performance; a win-win combo.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:46 PM

Gallery: 11

Quote:
Thanks for the great feedback gvan. With the EBC ceramic pads did you notice a significant reduction in brake dust on the rims and car? Also are the pads quiet during braking as some ceramic pads tend to squeak?

I may elect to only go the pad route for now and do the full CCB conversion once the UGR twin kit gets put on. Since I bought the car new I want to drive it for a few thousand miles to make sure there are no factory issues that need to be fixed under warranty.

Thanks for the info about the inertia, will have to keep that in mind and modulate the braking a little smoother.
I can say that there is WAY more initial bite as well as overall braking power. Hard to say about the dust since I have titanium wheels and my car is rarely washed (I couldn't care less about dust). They have some different formulations (I think the EBC greens?) meant for reduced dust that should still be an improvement from OEM. In any case the EBC yellows on my car have been perfectly quiet.

Now working on The Roads Project. Will be running amazing driving roads with reviews in flat out full HD glory. Launch late 2013.

gt-lux.com site/email no longer running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbchess View Post
When I watch Game of Thrones, I keep expecting to see Gvan rip through the back of a scene in his Lambo. All your pics and vids have peasants from Winterfell waving at you and ****. I never even see other cars. You drive in a mythical land.

Me, I got Houston.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.