Lp 570 style bumper. - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 12:11 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Lp 570 style bumper.

hi, I would like to caution propective buyers from the Rayown lp 570 style bumper. I have purchased this bumper through AMH from Rayown, After some mails on the matter we went ahead paid $3500/- for the part.
I am in India and it cost me a substantial sum to get it couriered here which was delayed as after their commitment the bumper "suddenly" was unavailable. But, as we all know, the hope that my gallardo superleggera will start looking like the superleggera was enough to keep me calm.
BUT i was in for a shock of a lifetime.
When the car was given to the lamborghini authorised body shop, and the result of the fitment shown to me- it was a complete disaster! There were "inconsistant" gaps on the sides, front hood area, the grills did not fit the cuttings made for the vent, the side grills were not sent( near the gills). All in all, the car looked as though it has met with a collision. The front hood looked as though someone had left it open.
The dealer informed me that the part was dangerous as it does not have the structure it may be dangerous for even on a slight impact.
We took a decision in 10 mins flat that this was eroding the value and presence on my car severely.
On contacting AMH who in turn contacted Ray, they informed me they will not take back the part nor refund any money till they try it back in the US! which meant another $1000 of shippment. And that it could have gotten warped because of some painting procedure, the body shop is not good etc.
I cannot know how they knew this before hand and also whether it is another excuse to not take back the bumper.
All I can say is that I have had a few cars and dealt with many suppliers in the past, this has been one of the most unhappy ones ever!
I am still trying that they must shoulder some ethical resonsibility to supply a terribly made part. Some of the pictures are attached.
This is for all prospective purchasers to be careful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lambo bumper 4.jpg (49.1 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg lambo bumper 3.jpg (72.1 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg lambo bumper 2.jpg (68.0 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg lambo bumper.jpg (49.2 KB, 196 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 12:35 AM

Ur shop didn't test fit it before painting?

Painting does not alter the fitment unless the shop used heat to alter the shape. This is why test fitment is important. If this wasn't done, I suspect your shop is the problem.

In your pictures, is the trunk lid closed and latched fully? It looks horrible

Last edited by djantlive; 02-17-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-15-2013, 04:11 AM
Bull Rida
Silver Site Supporter

This is unfortunate! Working with AMH, I know you'll be taking care of. Good luck resolving the issue.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 AM

Your bodyshop should have test fit it before painting and install. Any aftermarket bumpers needs fitting, regardless of the brand. Except if you buy oem. Bought 2 bumpers from him and everything came out well !

'12 Brilliant Red Audi S4 (sold !)
'05 Nero Osyris Gallardo (sold !)
Old 02-15-2013, 05:49 AM

Any quality shop is going to do extensive fitting before final painting, thats how it's done. See this thread on how Martino Auto Concepts here in New York fits a bumper.
This car got a Renown 570 bump. Extensive fitting, sanding and working till its as perfect as can be than RE-fitted one last time before priming and painting.
There are many threads on that site about bumper installations, I'm having mine done there this week.

See: Lamborghini Spyder - Nose job and A$$ lift #lambosgonewild @ MAC
Old 02-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Supporting Vendor

WOW that sucks.

Instagram@IMSAUTOMOTIVEDESIGN

John@imsautomotivedesign.com
Work. 917-559-2952
Old 02-15-2013, 07:59 AM

WOW! Looks like a novice shop to me, That bumper should have been test fit first, There is no such thing as a "Direct Bolt On" I have seen many of these bumpers from Ray at Renown installed and they look like they came right out of the factory! Bumper should have never been painted if they didn't know how to install it. Waste of time on there part!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinV10 View Post
Any quality shop is going to do extensive fitting before final painting, thats how it's done. See this thread on how Martino Auto Concepts here in New York fits a bumper.
This car got a Renown 570 bump. Extensive fitting, sanding and working till its as perfect as can be than RE-fitted one last time before priming and painting.
There are many threads on that site about bumper installations, I'm having mine done there this week.

See: Lamborghini Spyder - Nose job and A$$ lift #lambosgonewild @ MAC
This is a must with any aftermaket part.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme631 View Post
WOW! Looks like a novice shop to me, That bumper should have been test fit first, There is no such thing as a "Direct Bolt On" I have seen many of these bumpers from Ray at Renown installed and they look like they came right out of the factory! Bumper should have never been painted if they didn't know how to install it. Waste of time on there part!
This is very true
Old 02-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the post and sharing the photos. I've mentioned to Glen and you many times that you need to move your horns. The shop did not move the horns and it's hitting on the inside. There are other holes in that same area where you can move them. The photos look like the bumper is being pushed out by the horns.

A test fit is always required prior to paint. We do not reimburse for paint if you have issues with the bumper after paint and we do not accept returns on painted parts. If the shop over baked the bumper in the oven when drying the paint it is possible that they warped the Urethane bumper.

Both Glen and I mentioned that we will reimburse you for your bumper and shipping if we verify from an authorized third party installer that the part was defective. I offered to have it shipped to MAC in NY for inspection and a test fitment session. If the part is defective you will receive the refund. We are still waiting for a response.

here are some photos of a test fitments of cars with bumpers made from the same batch as yours.

Martino's in NY doing the test fit.

Primer

Another car in Lebanon doing the test fitment

primer

The final paint and install

Last edited by Ray@Renown; 02-15-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.