jacking up a Gallardo? Where? - Page 4 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 06:49 PM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
Correct, no CENTER front jack point. Thanks for clarifying DJ.
Yes - and if you look at the diagram showing the frame area (diagonal lines behind each front wheel) - there is enough room to place a jack and then put a jack stand adjacent.

I wish there were a center front jacking point.

I bought some jackstands called JackPoint jackstands - a brilliant invention (wish I'd thought of it). They allow you to jack the car up and place a jackstand - all in the same space. They are extremely heavy duty and well made, and I would have no issue putting the car on these and leaving them. A friend with a GT3 introduced me to them. I only bought two since the rear has a center lift point that makes life easy. http://www.jackpointjackstands.com/

I have no affiliation to JackPoint jackstands. Not cheap but the last jackstand you'll ever need. My only objection is that they make the car a bit higher than I'd like for changing wheels - but I can live with it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 02:13 AM

This is a nice thing c2 but I can't get them here in germany. In one of your further posts you said it could be dangerous to jack the car only on one side on front because of the windshield. But if there is no center jacking point, ther is no other way. How to lower the risk?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscraft7 View Post
This is a nice thing c2 but I can't get them here in germany. In one of your further posts you said it could be dangerous to jack the car only on one side on front because of the windshield. But if there is no center jacking point, ther is no other way. How to lower the risk?
I asked the exact same question less than a week ago Chriscraft and the general consensus is to either get two jacks or figure a way to lift each front side incrementally so as not to wrack the structure too much.

I am probably going to make up a "stand" out of 2 x 4's or some material and work each side a few inches at a time. In other words, lift side A about 2-3 inches with floor jack and slide an appropriate size wood block under to rest on, then move jack to the other and lift it to match and slide a block under. Then back and forth till I can get it up the 12" or so needed to get a real jack stand under. Either that or just go buy a second floor jack.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:12 PM

I already told Chriscraft to go to your post Twinv10, in the thread further above.....apparently he did not listen to the advice, or he would not have asked C2 the same question AGAIN!

You jack it up the same way you drydock your Chriscraft (boat)...

Latest garage entries;
2015 Stingray Z51 coupe - now waiting on GM to man-up and deliver
2014 Stingray Z51 coupe - Gm can't deliver
2006 Corvette Z51 coupe
2012 LP 560-4 e-gear coupe
2004 LP-140 (= Gallardo) (sold)
Hummer H2 ( to rescue Lambos )

Last edited by carbuff; 02-26-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I had been told early on not to jack from one side for fear of cracking the windshield. I believe (now) that it was bad information. I have since then jacked the car on one side only - and the car is so incredibly stiff that it is no problem at all.

When we want to lift the entire front end - we use two jacks at once. If I'm by myself- I jack each side a little - going back & forth (and back & forth) until I get it to the desired height, and then put a jack stand under each side. It costs more (cause you need two jacks) but I've found having two jacks is useful for many tasks and makes it easier.

The car is stiff enough to jack from one side in my opinion. Maybe others can add to that statement.

Carol

Last edited by c2; 02-26-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Bull Rida
Silver Site Supporter

Carol! Great pictures and instructions! Thanks!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I read this thread many times but I can't find a picture or instructions where the center jack point for the front is. The pictures for rear center jack point are very good. I have the LP570 and want to put it on jack stands. Where to lift it on the front in center and where put the jack stands in the front?

Chris
Chris - I just sent a PM, and maybe these photos help. If you are referring to the thin piece of metal over the frame - don't worry - placing the jack underneath doesn't cause harm as long as it's under the frame. If the metal makes a bit of noise as you lift I would not be concerned. I use a hockey puck on the plate of my jack. You can also use a dense piece of wood if you want to "cushion" where the jack meets the frame.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P7230001.jpg (51.7 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg P7230002.jpg (65.7 KB, 46 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.