Headliner / roof trim - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Headliner / roof trim

The headliner in my Gallardo does not fit properly on the passenger side near the windscreen. There used to be some kind of toll pass on the inside of the windshield around there. It has been removed by the previous owner but the headliner has not been refitted correctly by the look of it.

The pass can be seen in this picture white box on the passenger side at the top of the windshield) :

Does any one know how it is fixed to the roof. Is it just clipped in or is there some kind of rail it needs to fit into?
I have downloaded the PDF manual for the 04 G from here but this part of the car is not described in it.

I prefer to ask before trying to push it back in place and break the fixations.

Any help would be much appreciated

Last edited by yemgi; 11-11-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 02:18 PM

A picture of the headliner from the inside of the car would help us in analyzing your problem?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM

I tried to take some pictures but it was a bit dark in the garage.

From what I have seen, the A pillar is not fitted properly either On the driver side, it close to the windscreen whereas on the passenger side there is half an inch between the windscreen and the pillar. It looks like I will have to remove everything to re-fit properly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0402.jpg (27.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0403.jpg (33.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0405.jpg (16.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 11-13-2012, 05:39 PM

That really is strange. I went out and looked at my 2006 coupe headliner and it fits perfectly. I think your plan to take it apart and put it back together again is a good idea.

Maybe someone had some aftermarket equipment and installed the wiring there by prying it open. Good luck and let us know what you find?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:20 AM

There was a toll pass and they probably did not fit it properly. I will remove and re-install everything but some directions would be nice as I don't want to break anything while doing it.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:00 AM

AMS exotic car parts at:

AMH Exotic Parts | New and Used Exotic Auto Parts | Lamborghini Parts

may be able to help you with a parts diagram that shows how it is all put together. Glenn is a member of this forum and is a great source for Lambo parts. You will probably need some clamps or fastener when you do the reinnstall.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 AM

Thanks, I will contact him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.