Gallardo vs. Audi R8 - Page 3 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosito1 View Post
I pretty much agree with everything the members of the forum have written. I have driven the R8 , then bought a F430 and after that a Porsche Turbo S.
I owned an LP 560- 4 that one of the members bought and now I have a 2008 G Spyder. This is my opinion, the R8 and the Turbo S are great daily drivers , fast ,efficient, reliable , however I felt no passion ; this is difficult to describe, but I love my G , it is wild, it is raw, it requires full attention ( heck I have not programed the radio) . And then the WOW factor, proudly telling people I own one , kids and others giving me "thumbs up". It is about emotion and passion,sound , beauty , you allknow what I mean , LOL
The R8 5.2 ( forget about the V8) is a great car but........
Well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 10:10 AM

Gallery: 0

i own both and i pretty much agree on what everybody says. i dd my r8 which makes me really appreciate my gallardo when i get a chance to drive it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 AM

I'd love to own them both, great cars.
But if you have to pick one to go for a Sunday drive down the coast, or to a car show gathering....well....is there really any decision?

And there is NO way an R8 comes close to the looks a Lambo gets...

BTW, this thread: The question that gallardo owners can't give me a good answer to.
is chock full of funny.

Last edited by TwinV10; 12-13-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *fill-up* View Post
Whenever my girlfriend see's an r8 she thinks its a TT, just sayin!

Wait, the R8 isn't a TT trim line????
Old 12-13-2012, 11:55 AM

this looks nothing like a tt....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0193.jpg (127.5 KB, 54 views)
Old 12-13-2012, 02:01 PM

What's even worse? Seeing them next to each other. The audi then just looks like an A8!

Last edited by Ravill; 12-13-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
For a long time, the R8 was a car I wanted. I just recently changed my mind because no one can tell you paid a 180K for it. When people see it (except for a few), they think it's just a regular audi like the rest. I'm the type of person that if I pay over 100 grand for a car, people should know the instant they look at it, regardless if they know absolutely nothing about cars.
That's fair enough, however people who don't know anything about cars probably won't care, either. When I see an exotic with a friend who doesn't care, they literally don't even notice it. Just to play Devils' advocate, you know...
Old 12-13-2012, 06:20 PM

Not saying the R8 won't get noticed. It definitely can draw a little attention. My problem is that it doesn't look like what it costs. When you spend that kind of money, you don't want people coming up to you and the car asking you questions that imply anyone can own one like a mustang or camaro.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
My problem is that it doesn't look like what it costs. When you spend that kind of money, you don't want people coming up to you and the car asking you questions that imply anyone can own one like a mustang or camaro.
Hmm, this sounds a bit "BG the mongolian" like.

I mean, we get it, but this is more like a personal insecurity problem.

I love my little red corvette. I love that anyone can buy one if they want. And really, ANYONE who REALLY wants a Lamborghini, can own one too.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:28 AM

Haven driven both, neither (IMO) will work as a daily driver. Lambo gets a ton more looks but maybe that's not what you seek. I suggest a fast grocery getter along w/exotic for the weekends.

2010 560-4 (sold)
2011 Porsche Panamera Turbo (sold)
2008 Benz CL65 (sold)
2008 Benz CLS63 (sold)
2006 Bentley Flying Spur
2009 Escalade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.