Lamborghini Talk banner

Gallardo Insurance

142K views 80 replies 61 participants last post by  Lefty 
#1 ·
Shopping for the insurance for the Gallardo, any good insurance company suggestion? How much do I expect per year? :confused:

#64 ·
insurance

hey guys, i was wondering about insurance. i know it varies what company you choose, age, record and all that. but i im looking into purchasing a gallardo soon. and just wanted to know are most of you guys gallardo paid for, or financed. i have a audi rs4 and i pay 1500/6mo and i see some guys pay less or a little bit more than that. so i was wondering. what can i expect to pay. im 29, 1 accident..1 speeding ticket. been driving for 10 years. if theres anyone out there my age that owns a gallardo with similar recored. please hit me up. by the way, i live in san diego...thanks

#69 ·
Citing premiums accompanied by location, gender, age, record, and coverage
is but a starting point. You'll also need mileage, because garage queens are a
dime a dozen while daily drivers are not. And you'll need the point-in-time, as
premiums can and do change outside of your control.

Going from 7,500 mi/y to 15,000 mi/y made me wish that I'd done so sooner.
The premium increase was dwarfed by the extra fun.

And I've seen my premium go up (when CA forced insurers to re-assess their
risks) as well as down (when they re-assessed again).

Personally, I like to express my capex/opex in $/day and $/mile. :)

1,322 days of G ownership
49,397 miles driven by me
$14,849.68 premiums paid --> $11.23/day or $0.30/mile

For comparison:

gas was $0.27/mile
service was $0.40/mile
tires were $0.30/mile
DMV was $0.08/mile

total opex was $2.16/mile -- this includes every penny I spent, i.e. clear bra,
carbon fiber, telemetry system, tracking service, top-off fluids, repairs, three
year warranty extension, minor repairs, detailing, etc.

#74 ·
I see a few people have Liberty Mutual are insuring a few but when I called them about the Murcielago, they said they do not insure Lamborghinis. I wonder if this is something new for them.

#75 ·
This is crazy. You guys are getting quotes by everyone who told me "they don't do lambo's". Progressive told me no, Liberty Mutual told me no, Geico told me no, Haggerty told me no since I don't belong to a collector's club, and grundy quoted me 3K a year (clean record, 34 yo).

Man, so far I only have one option, and that quote wasn't great compared to what you guys are getting.

#79 ·
Ok, I called back Liberty Mutual and requested an audience with the higher ups, and I got it! (I'm a long time customer and demanded a special deal). They agreed and gave a killer deal. So to all those who initially get told no......don't stop there, you can overturn it!

#81 ·
Older thread - but I was just quoted $2100/year (Pennsylvania Max Coverages) for a 2007 Gallardo. I just turned 25 this past January. That was with the Cincinnati Insurance Companies. They have my 2 cars, and home-owners insurance as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.