Gallardo Insurance - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 10:56 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Gallardo Insurance

Shopping for the insurance for the Gallardo, any good insurance company suggestion? How much do I expect per year?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2005, 12:24 PM

Full coverage with AAA (CA), about $2,300/year. This is with many discounts and a very clean record. I'm in my 50's. I think it is a little steep since I only paid $1,500 for my 00 360 with the same coverage.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-18-2005, 04:04 PM

$2,100 a year with Geico, but just sent info to Hagerty 48 hours ago because they gave me a good price on my track car- waiting to get quote from Hagerty
2004 996 GT3
1999 Viper GTS
1997 993TT
1994 965 Turbo 3.6
1978 930
1972 916
1970 914-6
Old 08-18-2005, 04:25 PM

I pay $5,800/year with $1,000 deductible for my 2005 Gallardo and my 2003 Range Rover, combined. I'm with Progressive, but I didn't have many options. I have an horrific driving record: no accidents or DUIs in my entire driving career, but I've accumulated many piddling speeding tickets over the last 3-4 years.

At first, they didn't know what to do with a Lamborghini, but I kept asking to speak to people higher up the food chain until I found someone to get it sorted.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Damn, I was quoted $44,000 a year with progressive, No bs and that is just for 1 Gallardo! I'd hate to see what insurance would be for a Murcielago.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1
I pay $5,800/year with $1,000 deductible for my 2005 Gallardo and my 2003 Range Rover, combined. I'm with Progressive, but I didn't have many options.

I don't know what happens to Progressive, I got quoted $5800.00, but I'm 31 and have a clean driving record (No ticket, No accident)

I think I have to find something like "classic car" insurance.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

I have Haggerty.

Very good: http://www.hagerty.com/
Old 08-18-2005, 08:24 PM

$44,000? that's pretty funny. My dealer recommended a broker, but the best they could do on their own was $7,000/year. My driving was a much bigger deal than the MSRP of my car. Someone driving a Murci with no tickets will pay far less for the same policy than I'd pay on a Toyota with all my speeding tickets.

GallardoBob -- if you have a clean driving record, Gallardo insurance shouldn't be expensive at all. Try AAA -- they require a clean driving record (one or fewer violations in the last 3-5 years), but they are very competitive.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:54 AM

I am mid 30's - I pay 1400 per year with Chubb for my Gallardo... I have about 800 things with them - houses, cars, single item insurance etc... So they do a discount for multiline insurance... However anything over 2500 with no priors - is a ton...

I do a 5K deductible for the exotics - btw - that will lower you by 1 +K per year... My thoughts are anything under 5K I am going to pay for myself - to keep rates lower.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Gallardo Insurance

I pay about $1800 with State Farm for a 2005 Gallardo (full coverage, $1K deductibles), but I have no tickets and no accidents in my 30 years of driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.