Foiled in Matte Black - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Gallery: 0

nicely done.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 01:11 PM

Yes...looks very nice! Enjoy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwhaley View Post
Hi! Thanks for sharing the photos, the car looks great. Can you tell me how difficult/time consuming to remove? And is starting with an already bright colored car much more difficult to do (regards to covering every corner)? Thanks again!

Greg
Thanks Greg, it took exactly 5 days to wrap the G. The only parts that needed to be removed was front & rear bumpers, side mirrors & rear spoilers. Some wraps involve 1 or 2 or even 3 layers of foil but it all depends on what material you're choosing. For me, i chosed matte black (from macTac) as its only single layer. Our foil technicians didnt have any problem wrapping around every corner as they've been doing this for the past 8 years. As a newbie in foiling, i was impressed on how they managed to wrap a piece of bumper with no 'ugly' joints or whatsoever.

I cant wait for my G to be wrapped in chrome (just the rear engine hood area) and i'll post some pics once its done. If you facebook, just subscribe to 'idesign concept brunei' - Many interesting projects that we've done includes a couple of Mercs SL AMG, 2 x Gallardos, 4x GTRs and many others. Check it out if you're free
Old 02-16-2012, 10:49 PM

Semi-related: here's a time lapse video of an auto shop doing a matte black wrap on a Scuderia - really interesting to see the process of it all coming together

Your car looks fantastic, Omar. Definitely worth the wait.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 PM

Sorry man, I just can't get into the matte look....
Old 02-17-2012, 03:38 AM

I never understood making a car look like it needs paint or clear coat lol ... I am not a big fan of matte but I like both of those lambos. Especially the gold one, that's different for sure.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexbroPA View Post
Semi-related: here's a time lapse video of an auto shop doing a matte black wrap on a Scuderia - really interesting to see the process of it all coming together

Ferrari Scuderia Full Matte Black Wrap by NorthWest Auto Salon Seattle Auto Detailing - YouTube

Your car looks fantastic, Omar. Definitely worth the wait.
That came out great.

Instagram@IMSAUTOMOTIVEDESIGN

John@imsautomotivedesign.com
Work. 917-559-2952
Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 AM

Just watched that f430 video ... That was pretty dang cool. And it looked better wrapped then original.

Question who durable is this wrap and can you wash it like regular paint. And how much coin is a good quality wrap. I considered painting my murci verde ithaca but didn't want to worry about the paint process cause car needs to be taken apart . This looks 10x
easier. And keeps original paint on the car.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Platinum Site Supporter

it's kinda like a giant bondage outfit for your car but without the ball-gag

Old 02-20-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomurci View Post
Just watched that f430 video ... That was pretty dang cool. And it looked better wrapped then original.

Question who durable is this wrap and can you wash it like regular paint. And how much coin is a good quality wrap. I considered painting my murci verde ithaca but didn't want to worry about the paint process cause car needs to be taken apart . This looks 10x
easier. And keeps original paint on the car.
And, from what I understand, it functions effectively the same as a clear bra, so you're giving your car a fresh look and protecting it from the environment at the same time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.