Dubai - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2012, 08:27 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Dubai

Spent the last week in Dubai down in Media City and was amazed at how many G's were in the city... could go for a coffee or drink any time of day and see several. At night there was lots of action with the G's sliding through the intersection at the Media One Hotel... nice to see so many in one place and what a beautiful city. To those of you who live there, i am jealous
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 12:26 PM

I leave for Dubai on Christmas day for a week and then a week in Abu Dhabi. Can't wait. Any suggestions on where to go or eat?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:51 PM

there are tons of exotics here, but this place is fools gold. Fun place to visit and party but living here is another world and nothing like the states especially LA where I relocated from
Old 12-16-2012, 05:36 AM

Places to see, for sure get to the Burj Kaslifa and the Burj Al arab, a trip over to Palm makes a lot of sense and the food, well its good everywhere... what part of town are you staying in?

Agree fun place to visit not sure i could live there
Old 12-16-2012, 05:37 AM

also if you have he time, a day trip over to Doha Qatar is worth the visit.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 AM

thanks for the info. I am staying at the Jumeirah Madinat Dar al Masyaf and then a week at the Palace in Abu Dhabi. Having dinner at the Al Mahara in the Burj Arab.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM

To visit? Hellz yeah, to live? Not on your life.

All our oil money is supporting that life style over there. And with all the religous strife in the region, to permenantly station one self in harms way? Not quite my cup of tea.

But I'd dip my whick in the proverbial ink, so to speak, for a bit atleast.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 AM

lived there for 6 months, as others have suggested Doha Qatar is fun, spent about a month in the palace in Abu Dhabi, great place, hate to say it but the malls are visually stunning through Dubai, Abu Dhabi not so much.. PM for more detailed Q's
Old 12-24-2012, 08:37 PM

Default I disagree

@ravill.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on "stationing yourself in harms way"
I read a lot of your posts, and have gained a great deal of knowledge from the advice you give, and things you write, but i have to disagree with this last one ( on dubai)
Have you ever been there? It is a "safety bubble" in the terrorism world, and I feel safer there than here in the US.
No, I wouldn't want to live there for many other reasons..... But terrorism is not one of them.
Look at our own country, killing 20 innocent children in a school in CT, the moron at the theater in Colorado, etc, etc. it seems like EVERY friggin day some crap here happens, even by non terrorists.
I won't get into gun control here on the forum, I have 10 of them, but its the way we deal with known criminals that needs to be addressed, these POS go through every loophole in the legal system and get off. Another thing to think about: There are over 250 million guns in the US. That means over 249 million of them did not create crimes last year
Old 12-24-2012, 11:06 PM

as i am from Qatar and i have been living in U.S for almost 6 years i loved the U.S i had lodes of fun, but livening in the U.S to me personally wouldn’t work with.
first safety i feel way safer in my home country. you won’t believe how safe it is unless you experience it. i have experience both living in the U.S for quite sometimes and home.
financially i think the tax's that most of the U.S citizen pays is way alot. i dont work my ass off and uncle Sam comes and take a fare amount of what i errand.
At the end home is home
If need help in the Q town PM me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.