Lamborghini Talk banner

Dropped my car off for Turbos! :)

17K views 81 replies 31 participants last post by  bigtex 
#1 ·
I'm very very excited to say I have dropped my car off at Dallas Performance to do their Stage 1 TT kit! This is their stock motor TT kit that I'll be running at 8psi on E85. It can be turned up to 12psi if you are really brave (which I'm not) lol. In any case I just wanted to share my experience and journey with the rest of you Lambo guys.

I will post in this thread whenever I get pics or updates.

For now though here she is loaded up and on her way to the shop:

This is what she should look like when I get her back... (This is the owners personal car, he does all the fabrication and tuning in house)

And here is a Video of their Stage 1 kit...

See less See more
1 7
#2 ·
wow congrats! I am very excited for you. I love e85 and wish it was more readily available around me :(

do you have more information on that rear valance/tip setup? its very interesting looking.

again congrats and I bet the wait for this will be worse than the wait for your car :) keep us posted.

::side bar::

I love your truck! we have the same one (350 right) as a shop hauler and that thing is a freakin' animal (we did a 5" turbo back exhaust and tune)

#8 ·
The tip and valance were custom done by Dallas Performance. As far as I know this is the first center exhaust TT setup for a Gallardo. Mine should be the second. :)

Yes the wait will be tough but luckily I'm only 20 minutes away and can see the car whenever I'd like.

Absolutely love my 350... It is an awesome truck and does hauling duty for me regularly.

Nice!... I'm liking the sound.... most are too loud this one, based on my laptop speakers, sound just right.

Are you going to document the total build on the forum? Pics, LOTS OF PICS!PLZ
Yes that is one of the things I noticed as well. It is quieter with the center exhaust and how it is routed to the tip.

And yes I'll be documenting the build. I'll post pics each time I visit and get an update.

Yes I did, I meant to ask torque figures, because it got off the line really quick.
I'm not sure on the TQ readings. I'll have to ask to verify.

#16 ·
IMO (and i am sure some will disagree) but with something like TT kits the difference will come down to tuning (assuming both companies use top notch parts, which I assume they are). A turbo is a turbo, the air to water intercoolers will all be similar, and the routing will all be similar the tune will be the part that separates the kits (and the driver :evil:)

#19 ·
Thanks everyone! Sorry no TQ figures yet. The RPM lead is finicky.

Here is todays update...

So it has begun... Taylor got the front drive shaft out and did a base dyno on it already. The RWHP is sub 400 so it's not worth posting the graph. In any case enjoy these pics and a short vid.

#23 ·
Man that is a awesome black G .... Not a fan of black but woowzers to this one and the renown G
I would love to put a turbo on my G when I get it. I have always been scared if something broke on it where the hell was I gonna take it to get it fixed. Even if its under warranty ... Underground racing is a long way away from Houston. Being that this is in Dallas that has my wheels turning now. But do these kits even come with a warranty or is it buy at your own risk. 35k is pretty steep for some turbos ... But I would consider it. But on the flier it says starting at 34900 so I will assume it's gonna be closer to 45-50 buy the time you get all the goodies.

But I will be calling to see if that center exhaust can be done to a car that with a fabspeed or loc exhaust. I surely am game for that. Gonna be calling tomorrow to see if it's something they would do.

#25 ·
Congrats! Turbo on Gallardo is amazing! :)

#28 · (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for your replies!! Happy Thanksgiving from DFW too. :wave:.

If anyone is in the Dallas area please feel free to visit the shop and talk to Taylor. He can show you his completed car and you might be able to sneak a peak at mine being built.

If you do some research you will see that you get more for your money from DP rather than UR. One prime example would be on the UR build they use AEM for their controls and DP uses Motec. The Motec alone is around $10k and the AEM is around $3k.

Quality of parts, quality of fab work and attention to detail is where I looked before I made my decision. Not to mention they are local to me which is a huge plus in my book and not to mention there isn't a 5 month backlog to get me in. I'm not bashing any other builder in any way I'm just stating facts and sharing why I chose to go the route I went.

#35 ·
IMHO no matter how reliable the components/tune is, it's unlikely that the stock rods will last at 850 whp. I plan on a bolt on system as well, but will run approximately 600 - 625 whp.

I really doubt that the $34k suggested price will include the motor build. If it does however then this is an awesome deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.