Dead Battery, Locked Out! - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 12:33 PM

Gallery: 0

Hi Everyone. I'm back.

Thanks to the kind information from the above people I have now recharged the battery. However, I still can't get in the car! The closest Lambo dealer tells me the keys need to be re-paired (like a bluetooth phone). I don't know why this would interfere with the physical key working, but apparently it does. To add to the mess, the hand brake is engaged and there's no way to enter the car to release it so AAA can't find anyone willing to tow it from my garage to the dealership. I did get one offer (for over $440) from a non-AAA towing company - but I'm still left wondering why the key turns the door lock in either direction but won't open the door. And. . . if this would keep it from working the ignition if I DID get the door open.

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks,
Lass Thompson
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM

Never heard about that key de-programming before. Only for the ignition lock. Not door lock.

I thought THE reason for having a physical keyhole, was that you could open the car door if the battery died?

Maybe the lock spring pins are frozen or corroded? Did you spray lube into it?

ANY reputable tow company has dollies that they can put under all 4 wheels, to roll the car out of your garage with. So you are calling the wrong tow companies.

Call a locksmith or local car thief, and get them to slimjim the door open, if it is possible on the Lambo (not sure).

What you are experiencing should not happen to anyone. Stupid problem. Think of what would have happened if this problem caused you to abandon your car at night in the wrong part of town like E. LA, a NY ghetto, or 8-Mile...

2014? Stingray Z51 coupe - still waiting on GM to man-up and deliver
2006 Corvette Z51 yellow coupe
2012 LP 560-4 e-gear coupe
2004 LP-140 (= Gallardo) (sold)

Last edited by carbuff; 02-25-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:38 PM

the remote functions on the key will not work once the battery is depleted. you will need to get into your car to synch the key unfortunately.

i think you should call a locksmith to see if they can open your car.

OR, try a different key. i believe only one key needs to be synched after a power outage.

to synch key, insert key into ignition, turn over the key but not start the engine while pressing the unlock button.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM

Thanks for all the info, y'all. I'm with you, carbuff. Why would you have a key to the car if it doesn't work? Might as well have a cantalope. At least you'd have something useful!

And thank you, djantlive. The key sync should be particularily helpful (once I get in there).

I'll try the slim jim first. If that doesn't work - hello locksmith! In the worst case scenario - I guess I'll bite the bullet and pay the tow company their blood money. . .

Thanks again to you all.
Lass Thompson
Old 02-26-2013, 02:07 PM

How is the dealership planning on getting in once your car gets there? Seems like from your description no one is getting in. This is a bad scenario, but that is stating the obvious! I hope you get this resolved without having to tow it.Maybe they could send out a tech.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:35 PM

A new window is only $290. Your situation sounds tough, good luck!

Lamborghini RIGHT SIDE DOOR WINDOW - GALLARDO COUPE | 400845202A
Old 02-26-2013, 02:40 PM

Call a tow truck, if they can't get in I wouldn't imagine they'd charge you.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassthompson View Post
Why would you have a key to the car if it doesn't work? Might as well have a cantalope. At least you'd have something useful!
LMFAO! Sorry to laugh at your prediciment since I have no useful advice to offer but that was funny.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:55 AM

Did you ever get in the car?
Old 03-03-2013, 01:29 PM

Hi Everybody -

Just to wrap this up, I got the car towed by a company who specializes in exotic cars (Los Gatos Towing - near San Jose in NorCal) to Los Gatos Luxury Cars, my closest Lambo Dealer. Although they are not related, both are first rate concerns. Now it's up to them to figure it out.

My sincere thanks to all the above contributors. No one derided, the info was good, and the moral support made me feel less the fool. Thank you!

I've learned an lesson from all this which I'll pass along:
When at home keep the battery tender hooked up,
a window rolled at least partially down,
and. . . LOCK YOUR GARAGE - NOT YOUR LAMBO!

C'ya,
Lass Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Tags
dead battery, locked out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.