Buying from a Non Dealer - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 12:24 AM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awdg View Post
I bought from independent. 3 of 5 Gallardos at the large local authorized dealer had issues the car from the independent was by far the cleanest and drove/looked like new. I still did independent PPI and negotiated a full service no regrets.
how does an authorized dealer let 3/5 cars have issues?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy2 View Post
Who has had good or bad experiences in buying from a private dealership that is not a franchised Lambo organization? I'm looking hard at this car:

Jake's Motorcars | Pre-owned Dealer | San Diego, California

PM me if you don't want to answer in a public forum.

Thanks,
Cincy
I bought mine from Jake's and dealt with Mike. No problems with PPI whatsoever, they understand the process and welcome it.

PM me for more info if you'd like.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:30 AM

Friends of mine bought a Maserati from Jakes and had it transported to Long Island.
No issues and the car was perfect.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 AM

I bought from a private person, PPI was spot on so far (just standard maintenance requirements).
Old 01-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy2 View Post
Dreamcast,

Who did you use in San Diego for your PPI? Would you trust the local Lamborghini dealer to do it? Looks like we are neighbors. Who does your local maintenance? Do you take the car to Sarasota?

CINCY
no offense, but you kind of condridict yoursef here..first your not sure if you trust a non authorized dealer...now you ask if you would trust an authorized dealer to do a PPI

1-866-LAMBORGHINI

425-787-6200 Ext #3
roy@catsexotics.com

www.catsexotics.com
Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry47 View Post
A sign above a door saying they are an authorized Dealer is just that..does not make them magicaly better then another provider,,,

the service and quality is the owner, their people and their integirity...no Dealer Sign makes that happen

1-866-LAMBORGHINI

425-787-6200 Ext #3
roy@catsexotics.com

www.catsexotics.com
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 AM

I'm not sure nor am I claiming that this is the norm just my own experience. However, I didn't have to be a mechanic to spot the issues. My assumption is that they figure people are enamored and want the car so they overlook things and trust the sign on the showroom that they'll make it right. For example the particular G that I originally came in to look at (1st color mileage choice) had rough idle fluctuating up and down from 500-1200 RPM and stalled twice in reverse coming out of the dealership. The sales person said we just got this car in so it needs to be serviced but it will be fine (meanwhile I drive by the dealership almost daily and it was on the lot and on their website for over 3 weeks)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Default Done Deal

Closed the deal for this G.

Jake's Motorcars | Pre-owned Dealer | San Diego, California

Special thanks to LvnLarge and SocieteMark for their willingness to help out with the mechanical and paint/body inspections. Thanks to everyone else for the feedback I requested.

Cincy

Old 01-03-2013, 12:21 PM

Welcome to the party!
Good luck with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.