Annual Maintenance Time - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Bull Rida
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 0
Default Annual Maintenance Time

OK, it's about that time. My 2009 G has almost 6000 miles now and it's the 4th year since production year. What do I need or what should I get done at my annual check up? I know I'll do an oil change and I'll need to get new set of Pirellis...anything else that you would recommend at 4th year?

So far what I had done since ownership are:

Oil change at 3200 miles in Jan 2011
Brake fluid change at 3200 miles in Jan 2011

Car going in January 2013.

By the looks at my owner's scheduled maintenance plan at year 4 of ownership, here are what the Lamborghini is recommending:

To be replaced: (5 items)

Air Filter
Spark Plugs
Engine Oil & Filter
Air Conditioning System Dust Filter
Gearbox Oil, Front Differential Oil (recommended for year 3, but I wasn't aware that it was due prior to me picking the car up)

To be inspected and then replaced if necessary: (2 items)

Clutch Wear Check
Ribbed V Belt and Belt Tensioner

Man, this sounds expensive! How much am I looking at here for the necessary replaced 5 items?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 07:55 PM

Inspect 2 air filters, and only replace if required. Likely not required, unless u drive in dust bowls. Ditto for 3rd air filter.

No need to do the plugs unless u have problems with ignition.

Change all oils minus brake fluid (already done).

This is an 09+LP, so treat like an Audi....

Latest garage entries;
2015 Stingray Z51 coupe - Build and on its way!
2006 Corvette Z51 yellow coupe (FOR SALE!)
2012 LP 560-4 orange e-gear coupe (FOR SALE!)
2004 LP-140 (= Gallardo) (sold)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 PM

Where are you going to take it? I'm curious...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Bull Rida
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2 View Post
Where are you going to take it? I'm curious...
If its a Lamborghini dealer, then back to where I bought the car from, ST. LOUIS MOTORSPORTS.

If not a Lamborghini dealer, then a reputable exotic auto shop that have service Lambos all the time. Thinking about couple of places in Columbus OH, Studio 47 is a potential candidate.

You have any suggestions or recommendations?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:02 AM

I DON'T recommend MAG (Columbus Lambo dealer).

I don't have any recommendations based on first hand experience. In addition to Studio 47 I've read a lot of good things about George Evans also in Columbus.

Whatever you decide please post results once complete. Good luck!

Carol

Last edited by c2; 01-02-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:13 AM

Here is an extract from one of my previous posts:

"At 8,000 miles and six years I took my 2006 G-Car in for service kit 3 maintenance (Kit includes oil filter, air filters, pollen filters, seals for drain plugs, spark plugs and fuel filter- Kit costs between $650 and $800 depending on where purchased). This was basically a 30,000 mile/5year maintenance which I felt the car needed due to some dusty road driving.

In addition to getting the sparks plugs, oil/oil filter changed and the other filters noted above, the antifreeze, gear box front differential oil, brake and clutch fluids were replaced. Standard inspections included checking the belts and other items, and a 4 page clutch snap report. Another reason I like this place is because they park your car inside and after the service they park it on their air conditioned show room floor until you pick it up.

The dealer also gave me a free rental car from Wednesday to Friday morning and full detail. The “Out the door price” for the above including sales tax was $3101.

The good news: My original clutch has 90% of it life remaining – I must be doing something right?

The bad news: After about 5,000 miles I need to replace my two OEM rear tires. 5,000 miles ago all four tires were replaced because two of the original tires on the passenger side were damaged by running over construction material in the roadway."

I will replace the current tires with:

1. Michelin Pilot Super Sport Max Performance Summer (Tread Warantee 6 Years / 30,000 Miles Half mileage for rear if different size than front ), or

2. Bridgestone Potenza Ultra High Performance All Season (Tread Warantee 5 yrs/ 40K miles)

In addition to costing considerably more, the P-Zeros wear out too fast especially on these hot abrasive Florida roads.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Bull Rida
Silver Site Supporter

Aj:

How are your new tires? Which one you end up going with?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
Inspect 2 air filters, and only replace if required. Likely not required, unless u drive in dust bowls. Ditto for 3rd air filter.

No need to do the plugs unless u have problems with ignition.

Change all oils minus brake fluid (already done).

This is an 09+LP, so treat like an Audi....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpeters View Post
Here is an extract from one of my previous posts:

"At 8,000 miles and six years I took my 2006 G-Car in for service kit 3 maintenance (Kit includes oil filter, air filters, pollen filters, seals for drain plugs, spark plugs and fuel filter- Kit costs between $650 and $800 depending on where purchased). This was basically a 30,000 mile/5year maintenance which I felt the car needed due to some dusty road driving.

In addition to getting the sparks plugs, oil/oil filter changed and the other filters noted above, the antifreeze, gear box front differential oil, brake and clutch fluids were replaced. Standard inspections included checking the belts and other items, and a 4 page clutch snap report. Another reason I like this place is because they park your car inside and after the service they park it on their air conditioned show room floor until you pick it up.

The dealer also gave me a free rental car from Wednesday to Friday morning and full detail. The “Out the door price” for the above including sales tax was $3101.

The good news: My original clutch has 90% of it life remaining – I must be doing something right?

The bad news: After about 5,000 miles I need to replace my two OEM rear tires. 5,000 miles ago all four tires were replaced because two of the original tires on the passenger side were damaged by running over construction material in the roadway."

I will replace the current tires with:

1. Michelin Pilot Super Sport Max Performance Summer (Tread Warantee 6 Years / 30,000 Miles Half mileage for rear if different size than front ), or

2. Bridgestone Potenza Ultra High Performance All Season (Tread Warantee 5 yrs/ 40K miles)

In addition to costing considerably more, the P-Zeros wear out too fast especially on these hot abrasive Florida roads.

Carbuff has great advice! And he'll save you $$$!

I'm loving my Hankooks. They are wearing Great! Almost 5k miles on them, and they are looking almost new. The ride is softer than the Pirelli's and they grip really well for my needs.

If I was tracking or road coursing your G, then I'd go with the Pirelli's. As a matter of fact, I have my spare cassieopia's that I intend on doing exactly that, when I road course my car.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToofDoc View Post
Aj:

How are your new tires? Which one you end up going with?
I have not gotten them yet.

However, I just put four Michelin Pilot Super Sport (PSS) Max Performance All Season tires on my Nissan 300 ZX and they are great tires. Note that Michelin does not make all season PSS tires for the G-Car only the summer version.

Looks like I will go with the Bridgestone Potenza Ultra High Performance All Season (Tread Warantee 5 yrs/ 40K miles).Tread wear is an important factor to me and the OEM rear P-Zero tires wear out at around 5K miles.

Also, the tread life of all season tires tend to be greater than summer tires. The four Bridgestone tires are about $250 cheaper than the PSS and are rated about the same except the Michelins have a slight edge on handling and noise because they are "Summer tires".
Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM

I have MPSS on the Z06. They are FANTASTIC on track and for street. Also put them on the LP560 (for street). Will put them on the BMW 3 series wagon for summer (right now I have Michelin Alpin A3s for winter tires which are awesome!).

I have friends who are serious track rats - all running MPSS and LOVING them! They wear great. I will never go back to Pirellis after going through 3 sets of PZeroCorsas and having them chunk and wear out very fast - as would be expected with 60 treadwear rating. The MPSS treadwear of 300 wears much better but still offers amazing grip and good wet performance. It's the multi-compound that makes the difference. I strongly recommend MPSS summer tires.

Our chief instructor is running MPSS on his GT3RS and once said to me it's as close to a street legal slick as you can get - yet it does quite well in the wet. Michelin hit a home run with the Pilot Super Sports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.