Advice On a 04 Gallardo 6spd - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 09:41 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Advice On a 04 Gallardo 6spd

I submitted a credit app for this car today but I would greatly appreciate some second opinions from some of the members here.

2004 Lamborghini Gallardo 2dr Coupe West Chicago, Illinois | Chicago Motor Cars

The car seems relatively clean but there are some points that raise a concern:

* Service was stopped on the car in 2007 and the car just seemed to float around dealerships for the past 5 years

* Original clutch ( How long do factory clutches typically last again? everyone talks about e-gear)

* Throttle body replaced after 2 years?

The car looks clean in the pictures but you cant always tell from pictures. I really wanted a blue or orange Gallardo but I promised myself that I would settle if I found a car in good shape for the right price.
Just some second opinions would be very welcomed. Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 PM

ad says last annual fluid service was 2012. if the clutch is original, it's probably due for a change. an inspection will tell you how much remains.

re how the car was changing hands, i would look into possible accident past, check for paint/orange peel differences, uneven gaps between panels, over spay under the car.

car sounds okay on papers but seeing it in person would be first step, followed by a ppi
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:03 AM

I just realized too that this is one of the first 300 demo pool cars :0. I wonder if it would be better to just steer clear of the car?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:35 AM

Looks like a nice car and priced well. Interior is upgraded nicely. I'm sure clutch is due, maybe you throw that into the deal. I wouldn't be worried about the demo thing 8 years later. Get a PPI and enjoy.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:15 AM

Gallery: 8
Default 04

I had a 04 loved it. Nothing beter than a manual 6 speed. I see in the pics that the drivers side glove box is not closeing. My car did that. Have them fix it its kind of a pain to get out(the side plastic groove that the spring goes in cracks will need new door or glueing)
Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnow View Post
I had a 04 loved it. Nothing beter than a manual 6 speed. I see in the pics that the drivers side glove box is not closeing. My car did that. Have them fix it its kind of a pain to get out(the side plastic groove that the spring goes in cracks will need new door or glueing)
Good eye!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 AM

I have a 04 6spd with 14k miles. Love the car and no issues whatsoever. Had the recall done last month.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Manual is the way to go
Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 PM

Anyone know anything about this seller?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:45 PM

Default would bother me

there is a thread about these people on both the nissan and audi forums--sounds a little bit more than i would want to deal with--got your money--whoops sold car-get you same but better at lower price etc--etc---you will need to check your own comfort level on this sort of thing but 30 second search on chicago motor cars found this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.