600bhp Gallardo? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 07:22 PM

Gallery: 0
Default 600bhp Gallardo?

Hey everyone

I have owned a GTR for the last 2 years and I am starting to get a little bored of it, its too capable and quite frankly can be quite boring at times

I am itching for a change and so far, the Gallardo is at the top of my list.

The only thing I am worried about is the performance figures!

My GTR is currently about 620bhp / 600 lb-ft and I am worried that I will be let down by the significant decrease in performance when I move on to a Gallardo

So far the only 2 performance packages that stand out are the UG TT kit and the VF supercharger, however both of these take the car to >700bhp and cost mega bucks too

So question is, how do you get a gallardo to circa 600bhp / 400-450 lbft?

Thanks for reading.. heres a quick pic of the GTR (because everyone loves pictures!)

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 10:42 PM

Have you tried a Gallardo in stock form yet? I haven't had the itch to modify my superleggera even though it is much slower than my viper which has 580 rwhp and 550 rwtq.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

You could wait for the Gallardo successor MY 2014, that is supposed to be 600HP, but the price tag might be an issue. With a GTR you get a good bang for your buck.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:52 PM

I don't know if there is a method, for that price, out there that can do this... I know there are some people that do exhaust and ECU mods to free up a couple ponies, but that usually doesn't increase peak hp output... No one does single turbo mods for the G although there's no reason why it can't be done, just have to find a shop that is willing to do so.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 AM

A properly broken bicolore or superlegerra will crank out 600hp even though it's rated lower. The motors are underrated in their potential as these hand built motors really common strong when a full 1200mile break in is done properly.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 AM

Agreed! Even a 560 is underrated. At least our 2012 is by my estimate of 50+ Hp compared to our other fast cars. We followed a strict break-in, and it seems to have made a difference. Either that, or all the 2012's are monsters....

Latest garage entries;
2015 Stingray Z51 coupe - waiting on GM to man-up and deliver
2006 Corvette Z51 yellow coupe (FOR SALE!)
2012 LP 560-4 orange e-gear coupe (FOR SALE!)
2004 LP-140 (= Gallardo) (sold)

Last edited by carbuff; 01-06-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:20 AM

You know you have the right when car when you are not interested in increasing the horse power

I think 560 or 570 would surprise you!
Old 01-06-2013, 07:55 AM

I was impressed by the LP cars, but not the older ones (drove several '06-'08s). Problem is you can't get an LP for much less than $160k, totally different league from what you drive now.

Would suggest to you something in the middle first, like a Porsche Turbo, can buy in the $70k area, spend $15k to get your 700 hp.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:29 PM

06 ,08 gallardos slow ??? wat r u on crack ? how the hell is a V10 520 hp car slow ??? the nissan doesnt even beat the 06 gallardos by that much .....
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKATS View Post
06 ,08 gallardos slow ??? wat r u on crack ? how the hell is a V10 520 hp car slow ??? the nissan doesnt even beat the 06 gallardos by that much .....
I guess it is all relative. My 08 was as fast as I could have wanted it to be. I can only remember one time when I wished it had a little more.

I was on the H-1 heading to Matson to drop my car off. It was my final drive in that in that baby. A tricked out vette came flying up behind me. Next thing I knew he was in my face, right next to me and we had plenty of room to let it rip. We were cruising under 50mph at the time, and I was in 3rd I downshifted to second and hit it, got the jump on him but before I could shift back to third he pulled by me and I was not going to catch him anytime soon. I really didn't expect to beat him just did it for the fun and one last run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Gallardo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.