Non ceramic brakes LP640 - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Murcielago

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 10:12 PM

Gallery: 0

I never have any pulsating. I'd guess that your car's problem is probably a little easier fixed over replacing the whole brake system. But thats your call.

I'd hate for your to replace the brakes and find out it was something else, like a bent rim or blown shock, that a whole brake system upgrade isnt going to fix.

Good luck!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 01:17 AM

What could cause the rotors to warp. Bent rim? I thought this was looked at already, but I will have a second opinion. Malfunctioning shock? I don't have the tech expertise to have this looked at and live in Los Angeles. Would anyone know who I can take the vehicle to have it fixed. I keep going through rotors. Dealer has replaced the 3rd for free (that is after I bought new pads since this was a requirement to have it warrantied out).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:21 AM

No, warped rotors are not from a bent rim or blown shock, but pulsating brakes could be an indication of either of those (among other things).

What I am trying to say, is if you DONT know what is causing the pusating sensation, make sure your not trying to fix a problem by addressing something thats not actually the problem.

It sounds like you know for sure though, that the rotors are warped? its easy enough to test, they have lathes that can spin a rotor and check for warpness, of course those same lathes can be used to cut material off (mildly warped) rotors back to a no-warped state.

Basically the only thing that really warps rotors, except for factory defect (which isnt likely), is excessive braking, which generally isnt done on the street, but instead on the track. Was your car ever tracked? You need to get a LOT of heat into a set of rotors to actually warp them. (in most cases).
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Supporting Vendor
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonv8944s View Post
yes, the upgraded 'standard brakes' happened in 04 I believe, so anything after 04 have the better 'steal brakes' Then in 05 I believe, CCBs were an option and of course are nothing short of fabulous. I have them on my 06 and I love them, wouldnt buy another murci without them.

Yes, they can be retrofitted, I believe a vendor on here offers the 'kit' to do it (all lambo oem parts), but its like 23k or something, definitely not worth it.

If you like CCB, get a car with them, dont bother with the 'upgrade' path, the headache and cost likely not worth it.
Lamborghini upgraded the steel rotors starting with 2005 Murcielago with 8 piston calipers and 15" rotors. Lamborghini started offering CCB on 2005 Murci with 6 piston CCB calipers and 15" CCB rotors for fronts. The steel rotors have 14" in the back and 15" for the CCB. That's why you need to change your hub in the rear because CCB is 15" vs 14" for steel.

We have a Lamborghini OEM CCB conversion kit for 2005-2010 Murci. this upgrades Murcis with Steel brakes to CCB brakes.

Sean
Hi Tech Exotic
www.hitechexotic.com

#1 Rated Lamborghini Kevlar clutch

Specializing in Kevlar clutches for
Lamborghini and Ferrari for 15 years

1-888-456-0437
Sean@HiTechExotic.com
Old 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM

This is what I thought. After an appropriate break in period, pulsation begins after slowing down from speeds of 140 MPH several times, or from track use at moderate speeds such as 100 mph max speed. If this is normal than I would probably need to upgrade to better brakes. What I am being told by dealer and other Murci owners that high speed use or tracking vehicle will not cause pulsation. The pulsation goes away after resurfacing and replacing rotors. Also pulsation is mild, albeit annoying.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:14 PM

the steel brakes on the murci works wel, especialy on the LP640 where the latest evolution is mounted on. But they are ment for normal to sportif driving. If u take it to the track or do some excessif braking from high speeds (even 140MPH) the brakes don't have time to cool off in between to avoid pulsating feeling. The pulsating is not a problem when u change regulary the brake fluid (this heats up also)! But when u do not want this pulsating feeling i stongly recomment to think about upgrade to CCB, They are perfect for track use or other extreem conditions
Old 01-30-2013, 12:52 AM

How much would it cost to upgrade. Who would do it. Should I go to dealer. Or is there a reliable company in LA. Brembo has an aftermarket rotor system that works with standard rims. The big brake system would need 20 inch rims which I do t want to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Murcielago

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.