Murcielago rear tires? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Murcielago

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 08:43 AM

Gallery: 0
Default Murcielago rear tires?

So what are you guys using for replacement tires? My P-Zero Rosso's are pretty much shot and I'm looking for new tires. There are plenty to choose from for the front (245/35/18) but only two choices with the rear (335/30/18). Spent an hour on the phone with a pretty knowledgable guy at Tire Rack and this is what I found out. The Rosso's are no longer made in that size and the Corsa is the "new" replacement tire. Other than that its the Michelin PS2 but the speed rating between the front and rear do not match (186+ rear / 186 front I think). I have two problems with the Corsa's - wear life for the price and they pick up every piece of gravel on the street - and since I dont track the car they seem to be a bit much. The speed rating difference for the PS2's probably is no big deal since I will not be driving 186 mph for any sustaibale time.

I searched the forum but found nothing on this topic - Plenty of discussion for the Gallardo sizes but nothing for the Murci. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 AM

Michelin, or even the BF Goodrich's would be a better tire. What year Murcie do you have? Make, year, model?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyrae View Post
Michelin, or even the BF Goodrich's would be a better tire. What year Murcie do you have? Make, year, model?
Tire Rack said no other company made tires of this size - and the only Michelin is the PS2, which has the minor issue I mentioned. But honestly I have exhausted my knowledge as I am certainly no tire expert.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Top View Post
Tire Rack said no other company made tires of this size - and the only Michelin is the PS2, which has the minor issue I mentioned. But honestly I have exhausted my knowledge as I am certainly no tire expert.
Tire Search Results

Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels, put in your make model, select tires, that's how I found it. You don't need to call, you can do it online, assume you have a computer?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:27 PM

I did this before I called them (I'm not an idiot) I saw the BF Goodrich's but the rears are "on back order". When I spoke to them they had no idea when they would be in...or if they would be in. Have never known anyone here run the BF Goodrich's and all the others listed are pretty much just racing slicks. So I'm guessing most people just run with the Corsa's. I'm not sure why that surprises me but for some reason it does - guess I expected more options. I appreicate you responses though.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:12 PM

I have the BF Goodrich tires and love the grip, but they are NOISY. The noise keeps getting worse, be sure to look at the reviews for them. I'm thinking of replacing them with the Corsa tires to save my ears. I've got 5K on these tires.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 PM

Pilot Super Sports are the best for the R18 335/30 tire for the money.

I hated the BFG's on my Grand National, but their price-point makes them a contender to try out in this size. If they don't perform well, will be easy to unload to the Viper crowd.

Nick
Old 05-16-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by white out View Post
Pilot Super Sports are the best for the R18 335/30 tire for the money.

Nick
I dont think they make the 335/30/18 in PSS yet. Not on the Tire Rack site - and the sales guy told me Michelin does not make it yet. Maybe "soon". It was my intention to go with those considering the great write ups from the Gallardo guys. What a PITA.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:56 AM

For some reason I thought the SS replaced the PS2. Since the PS2 is still on Michelin's site, I would definitely pick that tire. They are better in every way than the Pzero.

Nick
Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by white out View Post
For some reason I thought the SS replaced the PS2. Since the PS2 is still on Michelin's site, I would definitely pick that tire. They are better in every way than the Pzero.

Nick
The SS did replace the PS2 but Michelin does not make it in a 335/30/18 yet. I just called them - they make it in a 20 and thats it for now. So rather than go with the Corsa I think I'll go with the PS2. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Murcielago

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.