LP640 Air vents - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Murcielago

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 09:05 AM

Gallery: 4
Default LP640 Air vents

Question: Does anyone know how you can keep the side air vents on a Murcielago LP640 to stay open when the car goes over 35mph?? I have seen videos of cars traveling faster with them open. I realize that the vents do open automatically when the engine heats up, but how do you force it to stay open even when the engine does not need it and be able to press the button and close them when you want to !! also, would keeping them open have any adverse impact on car or vent operations?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 04:45 PM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamyahai View Post
Question: Does anyone know how you can keep the side air vents on a Murcielago LP640 to stay open when the car goes over 35mph?? I have seen videos of cars traveling faster with them open. I realize that the vents do open automatically when the engine heats up, but how do you force it to stay open even when the engine does not need it and be able to press the button and close them when you want to !! also, would keeping them open have any adverse impact on car or vent operations?
I have found my car is a little tempermental and have stopped doing this but it does work. Here are the procedures for leaving open and reset to close back to normal operation...

Extend the wings with the motor running, when they are at their fully extended position turn off the main battery switch under the rear bonnet.

to reset to their closed position:
cycle the ignition 3 times...on the 3rd cycle depress the wing button and hold it until the wings return to their closed position...sometimes it takes 4 cycles and if you do not cycle the key quick enough you may need to start over.

I would not recommend driving over 150 MPH with the wings extended.

the wing motors jam in the up position after they have been extended for a while so keep that in mind.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:08 AM

Gallery: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ub2slow View Post
I have found my car is a little tempermental and have stopped doing this but it does work. Here are the procedures for leaving open and reset to close back to normal operation...

Extend the wings with the motor running, when they are at their fully extended position turn off the main battery switch under the rear bonnet.

cycle the ignition 3 times...on the 3rd cycle depress the wing button and hold it until the wings return to their closed position...sometimes it takes 4 cycles and if you do not cycle the key quick enough you may need to start over.

the wing motors jam in the up position after they have been extended for a while so keep that in mind.
thanks for the reply. seems awfully complicated. wish there was some relay developed that you could just control with that darn button !! thanks for the reply though !!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

There is a thermister, a resistor that changes value based on temp, in the right and left front wheel wells. They are strapped with cable ties to a the frame. The pass side is for the ac unit outside temp the drivers side tells the computer what the outside temp is to open the vents. Remove the thermister and replace it with a 7.15k resistor. The computer will think its 87f, every time you drive the vents will open and close when you shut the car off. I put a DPDT switch on the steering colume so I can switch from the thermister to the resistor.

The pictuue is the thermistor connector on the pass side. its the same place on the drivers side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tEMPSENSOR.jpg (102.6 KB, 115 views)
Old 12-14-2012, 06:25 PM

Default murcielago bat wings vents to stay open

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
There is a thermister, a resistor that changes value based on temp, in the right and left front wheel wells. They are strapped with cable ties to a the frame. The pass side is for the ac unit outside temp the drivers side tells the computer what the outside temp is to open the vents. Remove the thermister and replace it with a 7.15k resistor. The computer will think its 87f, every time you drive the vents will open and close when you shut the car off. I put a DPDT switch on the steering colume so I can switch from the thermister to the resistor.

The pictuue is the thermistor connector on the pass side. its the same place on the drivers side.
Hello everybody, I wanted to know if anybody has tried to replace a thermister for a 7.15k resistor and runned with it for months, is everything return to normal when you put back the thermistor or you need to go to a dealer to have a bat wings reset?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:01 AM

to raise batwings:
LamboDIY: Manually Keep Bat Wings Open

to lower them:
LamboDIY: Lower Bat Wings
Old 01-29-2013, 11:56 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ub2slow View Post

I have tried this and it is working

Thank you
Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 PM

Thanks Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:50 AM

Gallery: 1

a few of us has done this and the wings malfunction afterwards.
I think it looks great but after that I couldn't get one of them to go down.
Eventually did on it's own.
another friend had to replace the motor on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Murcielago

Tags
air vent, lp640, murci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.