Nice video - Page 3 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Diablo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 04:02 PM

Gallery: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWJunior View Post
Rob, maybe if you'd learned to not pull it out (of gear) so early, Ashley would've kept you around a little longer.
hahaha. I ended up with a much better scenario than even the winner of that season.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 04:32 PM

Gallery: 0

Thats interesting. Is this bad for the Diablo and if yes, why ? Although not the same, I did this with my SL55 always. If I come from a high speed and see a mile away already I have to slow down or stop and there is not much or no traffic behind me, I let it roll in neutral. After about 50000 km I have let the gearbox check for any damage or wear and it was still all brandnew. I've done the same with my prior Mercedes SL which was a 1992 SL600 with very very high mileage of ~450.000 km and never had any problem with that either. That was a very smooth driving and strong quality car by the way.

Now I don't do it all the time with my Diablo but still, pretty frequently on an easy cruising day, as it saves a lot of gas and brakes too as sometimes I even dont need brakes if not too much traffic. Rolling to a traffic light from a long distance for example. Is this really bad ? And if yes, only for the clutch ? As I don't hear or feel any strange noises (yet:-).

Last edited by VT5700; 12-05-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 PM

Gallery: 0

Yeah, this is a little vague. Sure, break pads wear, but are you guys suggesting that coasting a manual transmission in neutral is in some way impacting the engine/transmission/viscous coupling in a Diablo specifically? Or are we just talking about proactive driving techniques to react quickly? Or are we just talking about Rob's personal problems?

I don't think that I'm willing to go in the other direction and go hog wild with engine braking on the decel if that's what is being suggested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Diablo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.