New Diablo owner w/question - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Diablo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 03:13 PM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelydave11 View Post
It sounds like Iíll have far less trouble with this than with my Countach. That car could make anyone cry. I think my mechanic had the Countach about 85% of the time, and I had it 15%, enough said. I wont expect the Diablo to be like my 1985 Aston Martin (most indestructible exotic of all time and a brand I deeply love) but I wont expect nightmares either. Buying the car from Roy Cats is a big help in that regard. While this is my first buy from him, we all know who he is and his fantastic reputation for selling truly great examples. It sounds like the suspension is the only area Iíll really need to be conscious of. Thanks for the help. Like the deranged exotic lover I am, Im already dreaming of the Aventador Roadster, and I havenít even received the Diablo yet!Ö better save my pennies
You'll have much more fun with the Diablo than with the Aventador ! The Diablo is a true Driver's car !
2007 Porsche 997 GT3 mk1 (2010 - present)
1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV (2012 - present)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 AM

Quote:
I am a former 1984 Countach 5000S owner and just purchased a 1999 Diablo VT Roadster from Cats Exotics. A pic is attached. My question wont come as a surprise. The Countach, as we all know, was extremely maintenance intensive, with "decent" reliability. Id like to ask the other VVT engine owners, particularly 1999 models, what youve experienced reliabilty wise, and what cautions you might be willing to extend to me. Any info is greatly appreciated
That pic - absolutely STUNNING!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:35 AM

Thanks Andecorp. Please posts a pic of your as well. I think youre right RP addicted. The newer cars are too sterile, "too German". Even top Gear cried about the Aventador, saying something like "Its so perfect, its boring". Richard Hammond said you just dont get that old thrill anymore, the car is too perfectly engineered. My Countach wasnt very reliable (picture of my actual car attached), true, but with its balls-out raw nature, you were always excited behind the wheel.... you just didnt know if you were going to get to your destination, lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg countach1_1152x864a.jpg (43.0 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-25-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks Andecorp. Please posts a pic of your as well.
In my "shed"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-12-02 17.15.45x.jpg (37.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 AM
Administrator
Onyx Site Supporter

Quote:
Thanks Andecorp. Please posts a pic of your as well. I think youre right RP addicted. The newer cars are too sterile, "too German". Even top Gear cried about the Aventador, saying something like "Its so perfect, its boring". Richard Hammond said you just dont get that old thrill anymore, the car is too perfectly engineered. My Countach wasnt very reliable (picture of my actual car attached), true, but with its balls-out raw nature, you were always excited behind the wheel.... you just didnt know if you were going to get to your destination, lol.
"Too Sterile". I like that. All new cars suffer from that malady.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roytoy2003 View Post
I am sure you will enjoy the car. As with ALL my cars it has been gone through and sorted correctly.

The shock issue is OVER STATED. They fail because folks leave the shocks in the up position when parked OR don't exercise them with use at all. They are operated from the same power steering fluid and pump as the power steering unit. With this in mind, ONLY use them after the car has been running for a few minutes so as the pump can generate enough of the fluid forward into the reservoir of the shock pumps away from the power steering unit. Then when lowering..after it lowers, allow car to run for a few minutes again so as the fluid comes back out ALL the way to the power steering resivoir.

As with all mechanical items, YOU must use it to exercise it..OR YES..it will let the seals dry up and this is where you get the leaks. NEVER NEVER leave the car parked or shut off with the lift position in the UP position.
What years were offered with the adjustable shock system? All? I can't find any info on a google search.

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britzky9 View Post
What years were offered with the adjustable shock system? All? I can't find any info on a google search.

Thanks!
I never heard of a Roadster without it. Definetely not available on pre vt models.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britzky9 View Post
94 and onwards with some exceptions.

-mick
Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gday View Post
94 and onwards with some exceptions.

-mick
Thank you!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayman View Post
"Too Sterile". I like that. All new cars suffer from that malady.
So let me get this straight. The Top Gear crew thoroughly bashes the Countach on multiple occasions -- the one car that arguably stoked the supercar fire with more personality than ever before. They are cautious to fall in love with the Diablo. And now new cars don't have any personality? *facepalm* ...ok, back on topic...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Diablo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.