Diablo Alternator Part # - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Diablo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 01:44 PM

Gallery: 0

Not really true because Bosch had so few people/shops return cores (because after all the labour of boxing them up, taking them to UPS and paying frieght you got about $2.00 back if you were lucky and didn't actually lose money. So every X I've seen has actually been new, but even if you by chance get a rebuild it still comes with the Bosch 1yr Warranty which includes some type of Roadside assistance.

So there is a lot more to this game than meets the eye!!!

Regards, JRV
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Got the "X" info from Mike at Bosch Corp Tech Support 888-715-3616
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-06-2005, 04:30 PM

It's very smart of Mike at Bosch to stick with "The Party Line", especially if he wants to keep his job for awhile

This reminds me alot of "The 355's Don't have Valve Guide Issues" that every Employee of Ferrari will tell you, if they want to keep their jobs also

Old 09-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Been there, done that, .... sold her...
Old 09-06-2005, 07:32 PM

JRV if you have pictures of
Bosch- 0-120-468-004-005 and Porsche part # 928-603-011-02

as well as price, I will enter it in the "equivalent car parts" part of
http://www.lamboweb.com/Car%20Parts.htm.

Do I understand it that the actual ALT is the same in both a 92 and 98 Diablo. Is it the same part in a 99 and 6L?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:11 PM

Hi John,

I brought both Alts home and even the box they came in so that I can take pics and post them up. I haven't had time to take the pics yet but I will in the next couple of days.

The bottom line is these are Porsche 928 GT Alternators plain and simple and can be ordered as a 170X from any good Bosch Supplier. I think the 99 last two digits are 02 while the 93 last two are 01, even though the Regulators had identical numbers. Don't feel bad Lambo guys, Ferrari pulled this same crap with the 348's and 355's with the Denso Alts. Italians like HUGE profits if you guys haven't noticed by now .

But who went to the Moon & Mars??? So don't discount the inteligence of Dedicated American Brain Power, and Prowess!!

Last edited by ltadmin; 09-06-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:22 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Hi John -
Ultimate Motors said they use the Bosch AL 170X in everything from CT to 5.7 to 6.0

You can get it any auto parts (I did google under Bosch AL 170X) for about $350.

Will have more info later today...
Old 09-07-2005, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_355
Cool... thanks ... I'm sure the Bosch # is 0120469667
Thats exactly the number of the CT too:

Quote:
The number of the used Alternator is 0120 469 641 or 0120 469 667 (parts manual May 1985, 25th Jan. 1989 0120 468 005), but as usual one you cannot find it in the official Bosch List as the manufacturer has locked this number.
What you can do is having the alternator rebuilt by a Bosch service, because only the top cover is special to Lamborghini since it's made to fit the car.
But this top plate never breaks, the rest of the alternator is Bosch standard they can replace everything without problem.

Here my story of the broken alternator in the netherlands 800KM from home
-> http://www.countach.ch/vivaitalia2003.html
Countach QV Ex-Mimran #GLA12997, Urraco P300 #20530 sold in August 2008, Jalpa #FLA12203 sold in May 2006

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When Frank Sinatra got his Miura S in 1970, he said: “If you wanna be someone, buy Ferrari - If you are someone, you own a Lamborghini”.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:58 AM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

I'm throughly confused over all this... anyway may be an exercise of futility as now I'm thinking my problem may only be the voltage regulator...going to change in a few minutes and post.

John - you have mail.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:57 AM

Mostly the voltage regulator is the beginning and then the Diode plate passes away, the rotor will never burn...

In general we identified now the parts an alternator consists of
-Upper plate (special to CT and early Diablo to mount it)
-rotor (general)
-voltage regulator (general)
-diode plate (general)
-pulley (special to the car)
Countach QV Ex-Mimran #GLA12997, Urraco P300 #20530 sold in August 2008, Jalpa #FLA12203 sold in May 2006

When Frank Sinatra got his Miura S in 1970, he said: “If you wanna be someone, buy Ferrari - If you are someone, you own a Lamborghini”.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Diablo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
**Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter ONLY vowel letters in the word: Lamborghini
Full Name
Your Full REAL Name
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.