diablo 6.0 with high miles - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Diablo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Gallery: 0
Default diablo 6.0 with high miles

found and 6.0 with extremely high miles, 62600 miles.
one owner who has used it much, am waiting service history.

Could this be something?

I think it will be very hard to sell that car when the day comes but if i can get an extremely good price and calculate it as an 100 loss and ceep it forever
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Supporting Vendor

IMO, if it has been servied and kept good..WHO cares about the miles. I sold a 6.0 last year with close to 60K miles as well..and it drove as if it was new...my very own SE#19 is approaching 50K and I would not let go of it for anything..runs better then the day it was new.

1-866-LAMBORGHINI

425-787-6200 Ext #3
roy@catsexotics.com

www.catsexotics.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:49 PM

Totally agree with Roy, with proper service, miles don't matter, the Diablo just runs stronger. Just rolled over 68,000Km (so about 42,000 miles) on my '97 Roadster. Its running stronger than ever,( thanks to Driven Exotics). Its ALL about the service history. With proper documentation, I would not worry about the miles.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:47 PM

There is one in Europe as well, it used to be a press car :

Lamborghini Diablo 6,0 comme Coupé Sport à Apeldoorn
2007 Porsche 997 GT3 mk1 (2010 - present)
1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV (2012 - present)
Old 11-22-2012, 11:51 PM

this has gone around 99 000km and then i will put some miles to it:-)
Is there not big things that soon will need to be exchanged? Just so I calculate right.

I have seen many ferrari, lotus in great condition with these miles and they are unsold for years so I guess people look at the high miles. In my case if I get the right 6.0 for right price I inteend to ceep it for a long time.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael_w View Post
this has gone around 99 000km and then i will put some miles to it:-)
Is there not big things that soon will need to be exchanged? Just so I calculate right.

I have seen many ferrari, lotus in great condition with these miles and they are unsold for years so I guess people look at the high miles. In my case if I get the right 6.0 for right price I inteend to ceep it for a long time.
As said before, if maintenance has been well done there shouldn't be any major problems.

BUT :
- the engine will be a 100.000 kms engine. Meaning it won't have as much "time" left in it compared to a 20.000 kms engine. One day, it will need to be redone and this cost a huge amount of money.
- with "too high miles" the car is almost impossible to sell, so be sure you want to keep it. People look at miles first when they buy a car, I agree it's sometimes stupid but it's a fact...
Old 11-23-2012, 02:24 AM

it is the presscar Lamborghini Diablo 6,0 comme Coupé Sport à Apeldoorn i am looking at since I am in europe.
So maybe calculate for e new enginge or a major job. They said the last big service was 30 000euros but i havent got any more servicehistory
Old 11-23-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
it is the presscar Lamborghini Diablo 6,0 comme Coupé Sport à Apeldoorn i am looking at since I am in europe.
So maybe calculate for e new enginge or a major job. They said the last big service was 30 000euros but i havent got any more servicehistory
Several things I see here.

First, I have a copy of Evo Magazine n.19 where this particular car was tested. If you're interrested, I can send you the scan by email.

Now what you need to do is find out as much as you can about this car and it's history. It says One owner on the add but it's not entirely true since it was a press car, meaning Lamborghini was the first owner.
What was done for 30k ? It's an awfully big amount fo money. Even with the clutch, tires, rotors, pads, shock absorbers, it's not a 30k job...

Also, you must remember that since it was a press car it has been driven during lets say the 5000 first kilometers very fast and without a lot of care. Now, maybe Lamborghini fully checked the car before it was sold, but still, it has some baggage.

Then, of course, you need to see the car. I very strongly advise you do that with a professional mechanic who knows Lambos and Diablos very well.
I did check out a dutch 6.0 last year, 44000 kms, first hand, yellow. It was sold for 100k but it needed quite some work. I only know because a mechanic was with me. Had I been alone, I wouldn't have seen anything...

Now I like the colour very much, and the interior is a nice (and rare) combo. I guess at 80k max, if the car is clean, it is a good deal.

Hope this helps
Old 11-24-2012, 12:17 AM

Thanks,
I guess it is the article that is in the evo lamborghini supercars.
There is also two 6.0 in germany in orange that has gone around 28000km for 138000 euro but they have been for sale for years, have you looked at these?
and there is one orange in holland with 15000km for 150000euro.
that has been for sale for ever.

I guess people think it is to much to pay because unsold, you can get an Lp640 with lower km for same price.

i dont know an expert to bring but i was planning on getting a test done at a lamborghini service center
Old 11-25-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Thanks,
I guess it is the article that is in the evo lamborghini supercars.
There is also two 6.0 in germany in orange that has gone around 28000km for 138000 euro but they have been for sale for years, have you looked at these?
and there is one orange in holland with 15000km for 150000euro.
that has been for sale for ever.

I guess people think it is to much to pay because unsold, you can get an Lp640 with lower km for same price.

i dont know an expert to bring but i was planning on getting a test done at a lamborghini service center
If you're hesitating between a Diablo and a Murcielago LP640, then you probably shouldn't buy the Diablo. Remember it's an older car, with a LOT of defects. People who buy Diablos, IMO, really want to buy a Diablo and have been thinking about it for ages.

Now about these cars :
- the one in Holland has been on sale forever yes. And it's not a european car, it's a car from the middle east. Weird history. False kilometers. I would stay away from this car, which is overpriced anyway.
- the one in Germany at 139999 has also been on sale forever. It's not in very good condition AND it used to be a rental car ! So stay away from it as well.
- the other one in Germany, which has the Murcielago wheels, seems fine but I don't know anything about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Diablo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.