1997 Roadster center console - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Diablo

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 AM

Gallery: 0
Default 1997 Roadster center console

I plan to take my center console out to have it recovered, are their any bolts or screws that might be hidden. or is it just glued downed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary cleveland View Post
I plan to take my center console out to have it recovered, are their any bolts or screws that might be hidden. or is it just glued downed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Do you mean where your arm rests ?
Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 AM

YES, Thank You
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:05 PM

Not easy, when I did mine I had to remove seats, there is 2 screws each side, down below carpet,so i remove seats, pell off carpet from floor,than pell off arm rest carpet starting from floor( one is on top of the other) locate and remove 2 philips screws (small and hard to located since their black and have carpet glue all over, remove top back panel (where you have the button to release roof from engine lid), this is not hard you have to remove light and locate bolts, remove gear knob and plate, lift back side first, should come right off, I done that 4 years ago, not sure if missing something, pretty sure you still have my number, fell free to call me, if not pm me, Good luck!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 AM

Thanks for your help, I really appreciated it. You mader the job much easier.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:39 AM

Default Carbon center

About that center console, does it have the same dimensions as the 99 ?

Is anyone interested in replacing it by a carbon tunnel center ?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:24 PM

VT...

Do you have pic of the CF tunnel? How much? Also I still have few sets remaining on the Diablo turn signal lights

Thanks
CCIE
Old 12-17-2012, 08:04 AM

I will ask the manufacturer for pictures but you can use the 6.0 as example.

Look at an SV ART modified 99VT interior here below on the pics, it is made in Kevlar. I don't know if the SVart is still available in the market, guess not but I had contact with FGP fibreglass located in Poland that offered it in glossy Carbon for about 800 Euro if I am correct. But FGP is very slow in their communication, I asked pictures several times and they hardly reply so it seems to be that paying them in advance (what they require) is not a guarantee for receiving the payed parts.
No matter how the tunnel would look like, a good idea would be to wrap it in a custom (carbon?) color, same for the dash, to make the interior 100% matching and new. I think in the meantime, the last years, the quality of foils have become at such a high quality level that this is a serious option. In fact sometimes I find imitation matte 3D Carbon foil better looking than real Carbon.

I have already a carbon dash but I think when installing a new glossy tunnel, the dash would need a new gloss too to make it match with the new tunnel.

Also the leather Pad on the tunnel should be custom made. Or leaving it is also a possibility. This would be again a Diabvlo mod, which is imo a very nice one, as it would improve the looks over the standard leather tunnel very much (I say sorry to original lovers)

If anyone here has experience with FGP I would be glad to hear.

Last edited by VT5700; 12-17-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Diablo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.