WHat do YOU think..... - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Countach

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Gallery: 0
Default WHat do YOU think.....

I just had a crazy idea when I noticed that Lamborghini50 banner. What if instead of doing a replacement for the Gallardo, they re-ran the Countach. With updated drivetrain and engine management, but the same classic exterior and spartan interior. It would do nothing to hurt the value of the existing ones. They are what they are which will never change.

BUT....I'd say Lambo would sell 10,000 without breaking a sweat. If they can crack 10,000 Gallardo at a quarter million a pop......

Thoughts? Kind of a funny idea....like what if Metallica were to re-record Master of Puppets in a modern studio and Rick Rubin producing....I'd sure as hell buy that album but the original is still the best metal record of all time....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 PM
Silver Supporter
Silver Site Supporter

Gallery: 5

Yes, I like the idea. With a little refinement in & out yet keeping the basic design it could be awesome.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:02 AM

Look at the Ford GT and how collectible it has become under a similar scenario. They have brought back the camaro, challenger, new-old mustang, etc.
It is not a novel idea, but it would sell.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:37 AM

I'm sure it would. I'd go for it. Ok, down to business...which one do you make the master mold from...since they were all pounded out by hand.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:21 AM

Seems like an interesting idea, but it would never happen. They didn't even want to produce the 2006 Miura Concept because Lamborghini "only looks towards the future" not back to the past... What I have given thought is if someone did an engine swap on a Countach with an Aventador and left everything else original. But that would probably be automatic death sentence, lol.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 AM

I'm not a fan of the idea. To me - even though it would be manufactured by Lambo it would have the feel of a kit car.

I don't like the idea of seeing a Countach and not knowing if it's an old "original" or a new car made to look like an old one. That's basically what kit cars are.

I'd be in favor of a 21st century Countach if it was a new car inspired by the original, but enough difference in body styling to know at first glance it's a different car. Even so I would not buy either (your idea or mine). If I want a Countach I want the "real" thing and if I don't want one - I wouldn't want an updated version either.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 AM

But would the masses buy it, is Lambo's question. The Japanese might find a way to divide by zero to get it.

On the downside, key's point about rebooted cars is solid. Yet, how many movies have come out, or are not-yet-released, that are remakes of old material...Hollywood and everyone else completely ran out of original ideas a few years ago. We seem to be in the middle of the great imagination stagnation that would only be strengthened with a new Countach. I'll tell 'ya what, Pagani didn't seem to run out of original ideas and look at them.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot View Post
Seems like an interesting idea, but it would never happen. They didn't even want to produce the 2006 Miura Concept because Lamborghini "only looks towards the future" not back to the past... What I have given thought is if someone did an engine swap on a Countach with an Aventador and left everything else original. But that would probably be automatic death sentence, lol.
Agreed. Well, except for the Aventador engine. I believe the Murcielago engine is a direct descendant of the Countach engine, so the LP670-4 SV engine would be more...appropriate.
Heck, even the 02-05 6.2 would make it a hell of a ride!
It would probably be a much easier swap as well.

Now to find a Countach with a blown engine and a wrecked Murci...
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM

Remember the '06 Miura concept? People were speculating Lamborghini might bring the Miura back, but Winkelmann said something to the extent of "we appreciate our history, but we're looking forward." I would assume that wouldn't change if they ever considered reviving the Countach. Fun to dream about, though.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Chadbourn

Gallery:

[QUOTE=medici78;236219]Agreed. Well, except for the Aventador engine. I believe the Murcielago engine is a direct descendant of the Countach engine, so the LP670-4 SV engine would be more...appropriate.
Heck, even the 02-05 6.2 would make it a hell of a ride!
It would probably be a much easier swap as well.

Now to find a Countach with a blown engine and a wrecked Murci

Actually the Murci engine would really NOT work. Had a Diablo SV eng/trans and tried that. Trans too wide for frame, would not cut frame to do that. Next engine oil pan diff very different. Later engines do not use an oil pick up tube as the Countach engine does. Meaning the oil system would have to be very modified, not that that could not be worked around. I even tried adapting a Countach pan/diff to the Diablo engine. Maybe could have done that, then you would have a rear mount for engine, BUT no side mounts for bracket or side mounts for engine itself. I even looked at using the Countach trans mounted to the Diablo engine, that I think I could have done. Next would be the electrics/ECU, I would have ditched all that and used an Electromotive TEC3R to run everything, much better system than the Lamborghini LEI system anyway.

Now, IF and that is a BIG IF, someone could find a Lamborghini BOAT engine, yep they actually made a 5.7 QV engine for a boat that was nothing but the Countach QV with a boat pan on it. I have looked for years for one of those, it was, if I remember 645 HP. That would be the deal.
Then agin if someone wants a 5.7-6.0 QV Countach, let me know, not that hard to build, only cost $$$$$$$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Countach

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.