Lamborghini Talk banner

Real bad deal with Stebro exhaust

25K views 40 replies 16 participants last post by  Tan Auto Parts 
#1 ·
I decided to change the exhaust on my Countach and checked out a few. I ended up buying one from Stebro. I spoke to Dan Petschinig at Stebro and he seemed very accomodating. He asked if I would send him my original exhaust system to use as a model to produce an exact fit. He would reimburse me for the shipping costs and return the exhaust system to me. So I did this,and several weeks later, I received a new exhaust system that was not made exactly as it was pictured. I called Dan and he said no problem, He had another customer that needed that exhaust system for his car. Dan asked if I would send that system to his other customer and he would again reimburse me for the shipping costs. So I did that. I spoke with Dan about the new revised system that he would make and several weeks later, I received the second exhaust system. It was again wrong. He made it in 2 pieces instead of 1 piece and forgot to weld in the bungs for the ECU sensors. I called him and he said no problem, send it back and we will take care of it, including shipping costs. So I did that. I sent it back and several weeks later I received the exhaust system back and it was correct. It was made in 1 piece and had the bungs welded in to receive the probes for the ecu's. I installed the system and it fits very well. No complaints about the exhaust system. The problem as you might have guessed is that Dan Petschinig from Stebro promised me multiple times on the phone and through e-mail that they would send back my original exhaust system and reimburse me the shipping costs but they never did. I have been lied to bluntly, over the phone and through e-mail. I have been after them for 2 years and now they don't even reply to e-mails any more. I thought that Stebro was an upstanding company but I am wrong. I would never do business with them again and as far as I can tell, they don't want me either. If anyone decides to do business with Stebro, I would not suggest it, They did not keep their end of the bargain and I have nothing good to say about their business practices. I am in the US and Stebro is in Canada, so the law gets tricky and expensive. I have not pursued it any farther but decided to expose this injustice.:mad:

See less See more
#40 ·
Hi Guys, kind of similar situation foe me. I needed a new stainless exhaust for my Jarama S and bought a Stebro. It was marketed on eBay as a Jarama S system. When it arrived the mig and tig welds were a bit ordinary but I thought, heck, I bought it well. However it simply didn't fit. It was out everywhere. As of someone sent me an espada exhaust. Essentially I needed to adjust every angle and face. Like you guys, I was offered free adjustment but given the $1000 plus return freight, we decided to fix it locally. Now I have to give credit where credit is due, the company agreed to a quote to fix the exhaust locally and credited me the money back. No questions or stress involved. Whilst this is expected of all suppliers, it doesn't always happen so easily. So my thoughts? I was attracted to Stebro because of the price and "simple install". Maybe some guys are lucky and it fits straight in, just not me. For an extra $1k I could get a local one made from my old system. No risks, better quality and no hassle. Next time ( I hope my wife doesn't read this blog!) I would get one made locally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.