Real bad deal with Stebro exhaust - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Countach

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2010, 06:24 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Real bad deal with Stebro exhaust

I decided to change the exhaust on my Countach and checked out a few. I ended up buying one from Stebro. I spoke to Dan Petschinig at Stebro and he seemed very accomodating. He asked if I would send him my original exhaust system to use as a model to produce an exact fit. He would reimburse me for the shipping costs and return the exhaust system to me. So I did this,and several weeks later, I received a new exhaust system that was not made exactly as it was pictured. I called Dan and he said no problem, He had another customer that needed that exhaust system for his car. Dan asked if I would send that system to his other customer and he would again reimburse me for the shipping costs. So I did that. I spoke with Dan about the new revised system that he would make and several weeks later, I received the second exhaust system. It was again wrong. He made it in 2 pieces instead of 1 piece and forgot to weld in the bungs for the ECU sensors. I called him and he said no problem, send it back and we will take care of it, including shipping costs. So I did that. I sent it back and several weeks later I received the exhaust system back and it was correct. It was made in 1 piece and had the bungs welded in to receive the probes for the ecu's. I installed the system and it fits very well. No complaints about the exhaust system. The problem as you might have guessed is that Dan Petschinig from Stebro promised me multiple times on the phone and through e-mail that they would send back my original exhaust system and reimburse me the shipping costs but they never did. I have been lied to bluntly, over the phone and through e-mail. I have been after them for 2 years and now they don't even reply to e-mails any more. I thought that Stebro was an upstanding company but I am wrong. I would never do business with them again and as far as I can tell, they don't want me either. If anyone decides to do business with Stebro, I would not suggest it, They did not keep their end of the bargain and I have nothing good to say about their business practices. I am in the US and Stebro is in Canada, so the law gets tricky and expensive. I have not pursued it any farther but decided to expose this injustice.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 07:48 PM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I looked at Stebro a couple of years ago and even talked to them. Then I saw what a buddy of mine went through to make his system fit and went with a Larini system instead. System fit great, but we did have to fabricate a bracket for the muffler to mount to the original mounting points.

The one exhaust tip had a small scratch in it (possibly in shipping) and the factory went out of their way to send me a new one at no charge and even paid the freight.

Oh and by the way.......those who have heard it say it "still sounds like a Countach ........Just Angrier".
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:24 AM

Sorry to hear about that...

I had sort of the same experience with Stebro when I went to buy their system for my Jalpa.

They never did supply the "Connector" pipe with the exhaust. After numerous calls, e-mails, contacting the BBB of Canada, etc.. I was just about to give up.

I finally purchased the "connector" pipe from Lamborghini and sent Stebro the bill. They paid it. Bottom line, I finally got it all taken care of, but like you, it took a long, LONG time.

Needless to say, when i update the exhaust on my Countach, I'll be looking at Larini or Quicksilver.
2014 FIAT 500L "Trekking"
1983 Jalpa #DLA12071 (Sold 10-22-09, but not forgotten)

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines -- Enzo Ferrari
Old 02-12-2010, 08:22 AM

Thanks for taking the time to tell your story. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. It sounds like the same type of treatment I received from Scott Zankl at Excell Auto Group in Boca Raton, FL in purchasing a car. He won’t respond to my calls or emails anymore either so I know how frustrating it is to deal with companies like these.

Here’s a link to my similar story:

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...o-group-13604/
Old 02-12-2010, 08:08 PM

I guess you live and learn. STEBRO SUCKS... DON'T BUY FROM THEM. What a bunch of jack asses. I feel like a jack ass myself. I would have bought more of their products had they treated me well. A very deceptive bunch... The worst kind of business men.

Erik, I read the story... sounds like another jack ass. The best thing to do is expose them enough to make it hurt.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:10 PM

Hello gentlemen, my name is Sergiy Blazhko, i have been working with Stebro for over 7 years. First of all i want to say thanks for the support of satisfied users, people like systems that we do, I'm glad to hear that, Lamborghini like Ferrari line is our biggest seller. We have sold over 2000 Exhaust systems worldwide just for these 2 brands. Also wanted to thank people that address concerns here, it's important for US to know where we can get better. Thanks to the person that made this topic, he gave me a chance to bring honest answers to the questions addressed to company ''STEBRO''.
We moved from Greely to Nepean, totally new cleaner and bigger place, took a while to do that with all the OEMs, jigs and machinery so i want personally to say sorry to the people that had time wait problems because of our production slowdown.
At the end of spring we usually get LOADED with orders, so what we did to improve our delivery time is we hired more people to build the exhaust at the high season, this helps us a lot in getting systems delivered in time.
I have started working as assembler of Alfa Romeo systems for ''STEBRO'', went to school for TiG and MiG welding, after i finished i moved up to can making and let me tell ya, for 7 years i have done absolutely everything that has to do with exhaust making. Now I'm working part time on making exhausts and Full Time on distribution. Thanks to Dan, president of the company, proud father of 4 kids, he gave me this opportunity to do it.
My goal is to provide Top Quality product for affordable price delivered in time. TanAutoParts is AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTOR OF STEBRO EXHAUST SYSTEMS ONLINE, you can find US on EBay, and let me tell you, I personally making sure that every client is satisfied with there purchase when you buy from EBay.

Regards, TanAutoParts

Last edited by TanAutoParts; 08-18-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 AM

Gallery: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalpa_mike View Post
Sorry to hear about that...

I had sort of the same experience with Stebro when I went to buy their system for my Jalpa.

They never did supply the "Connector" pipe with the exhaust. After numerous calls, e-mails, contacting the BBB of Canada, etc.. I was just about to give up.

I finally purchased the "connector" pipe from Lamborghini and sent Stebro the bill. They paid it. Bottom line, I finally got it all taken care of, but like you, it took a long, LONG time.

Needless to say, when i update the exhaust on my Countach, I'll be looking at Larini or Quicksilver.
and why not ANSA?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Supporting Vendor

I'm surprised by the difficulty you had, but I've never recommended one of these systems to a customer. The quality has never impressed me. I stick with Tubi, Capristo, Larini or I hand build my own...always greats results from this technique.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Best is still the ANSA (too loud for me) or Quicksilver. Eric's Tahiti has a quicksilver, it fits perfect and is well done.

Honestly it looks like a copy of the ANSA system in SS.
Countach QV Ex-Mimran #GLA12997, Urraco P300 #20530 sold in August 2008, Jalpa #FLA12203 sold in May 2006
www.countach.ch
www.jalpa.ch

When Frank Sinatra got his Miura S in 1970, he said: “If you wanna be someone, buy Ferrari - If you are someone, you own a Lamborghini”.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:40 AM

Gallery: 1

i am 100% with Raymond:

the Q.S. looks indeed very nicely made, also they offer SS headers for the countach (ANSA does not offer those)

i heard and looked at Tubi for countach...in my humble opinion they make nice exhaust but the one for the countach is not one of their best worcks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000588.jpg (30.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg P1000566.jpg (33.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg P1000596.jpg (33.5 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Countach

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.