Jalpa HLA12345 - Page 34 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Jalpa/Silhoutte

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM

Gallery: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge4.2 View Post
But if you know of a place I can find one cheaper please let me know
I got a Lamborghini Diablo clutch slave modified and installed (parts and labor) by Evans Auto for $200. I think the Diablo part is a little more than the Jalpa one. (That is just for the clutch slave part of the job).

Evans specializes in older Lamborghini and have leads, connections and know comparable parts for the cars. I think a brand new replacement clutch slave is around $100 from them.

Besides knowing comparable options on stuff, they also order factory parts with a smaller mark up than the usual sources.

Last edited by Ohlgren; 01-02-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 AM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlgren View Post
I got a Lamborghini Diablo clutch slave modified and installed (parts and labor) by Evans Auto for $200. I think the Diablo part is a little more than the Jalpa one. (That is just for the clutch slave part of the job).

Evans specializes in older Lamborghini and have leads, connections and know comparable parts for the cars. I think a brand new replacement clutch slave is around $100 from them.

Besides knowing comparable options on stuff, they also order factory parts with a smaller mark up than the usual sources.
good to know sir, thank you for pointing that out. If my pontiac fiero slave concoction fails, I shall call Mr. Evans.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Gold Site Supporter

An original Jalpa clutch slave costs about $600 because it's an Alfa part which is sleeved (no joke that's what they did in Italy).
If you are patient or knowledgable enough you might find a suiting replacement, since I was able to have mine overhouled I didn't dig further.
Countach QV Ex-Mimran #GLA12997, Urraco P300 #20530 sold in August 2008, Jalpa #FLA12203 sold in May 2006
www.countach.ch
www.jalpa.ch

When Frank Sinatra got his Miura S in 1970, he said: “If you wanna be someone, buy Ferrari - If you are someone, you own a Lamborghini”.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:57 PM

I took the struts apart for cleaning and repainting.

Does anyone know what the color of the springs should be? Black?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1239.jpg (67.2 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 AM
Gold Site Supporter

I never saw anything else than black springs.
Countach QV Ex-Mimran #GLA12997, Urraco P300 #20530 sold in August 2008, Jalpa #FLA12203 sold in May 2006
www.countach.ch
www.jalpa.ch

When Frank Sinatra got his Miura S in 1970, he said: “If you wanna be someone, buy Ferrari - If you are someone, you own a Lamborghini”.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge4.2 View Post
Thank you Laust. I found a 15/16" slave with double seals from a Pontiac Fiero (Getrag). Very inexpensive, I will see if it works when it arrives.

Geno
The Fiero slave arrived today, and while its not an exact barrel match, it fits perfect and looks like it should be servicable.

Should anyone else have a 15/16" slave, this is the source at $16.95

Rodney Dickman's Automotive Accessories

Also, i have two extra Raybestos CSK1359 slave kits if anyone wants them, actually not that easy to find.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1271.jpg (23.6 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Sledge4.2; 01-07-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Gallery: 46

Fantastic thread! Keep the great info coming.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
I never saw anything else than black springs.
The rear springs on my Silhouette are green!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GEDC0081.JPG (156.5 KB, 15 views)
Silhouette #40006 first production car, Urraco P300 #20200 sold in September 2009.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Gold Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by P300V8 View Post
The rear springs on my Silhouette are green!
Silhouette is not Jalpa...

I've seen very early Jalpa's (such with the oil cooler in the front spoiler) as well as younger cars, all had black springs.
www.countach.ch
www.jalpa.ch

Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
Silhouette is not Jalpa...
Indeed the Silhouette is very different to the Jalpa and I cannot say if these springs are original, but according to my information part number 5213359 Molla sosp. post./S is the same for Jalpa and Silhouette with both cars having the same spring fexibility of 0.218 mm/kg. Perhaps they ran out of green paint.
Silhouette #40006 first production car, Urraco P300 #20200 sold in September 2009.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Jalpa/Silhoutte

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.