Jalpa HLA12345 - Page 33 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Jalpa/Silhoutte

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 AM

Gallery: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissinindy View Post
Looks beefier than the units used on the Urraco, that's good!!! Not sure where the Urraco units came from ...

Sorry to hear about the patch on the expansion tank - hopefully what's underneath won't be too bad!!

Bryan
'74 P250S S/N 15622
Indianapolis Indiana USA
blissinindy@yahoo.com
Thanks, hoping the same. The rear suspension on the car seems to be built like a tractor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1170.jpg (65.6 KB, 21 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 12:13 AM

Default Help

Ladies and Gents, hoping someone can help here.

I ordered (2) Raybestos CSK1359 clutch slave kits and mentioned on other posts.

the stock diameter of the slave measures 24mm, while the CSK1359 measures 20.5mm - no where near a fit.

Either I am doing something stupid, I have a different slave, or its been reamed.

Or, are you guys taking the barrel apart and swapping the rubber bits?

TIY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1232.jpg (32.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1233.jpg (44.9 KB, 11 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:28 AM

I think you have the wrong replacement parts. I have had good luck with GT parts, although I have not rebuilt my slave. I did replace the master though.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge4.2 View Post

Or, are you guys taking the barrel apart and swapping the rubber bits?

TIY
I just got the rubber from GTCP and have had no trouble since (from the clutch slave cylinder).
I do remember the rubber seal needing a lot of stretch to install and fortunately it survived the process without damage.
However my clutch slave cylinder, which I believe is original, looks different (old and new seal shown).
http://www.400gt.com/vlg/japla5/P2020016.JPG

Laust

PS One advantage staying with OEM parts is no need for lengthy engineering discussions.
Espada #8356
Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laust View Post
I just got the rubber from GTCP and have had no trouble since (from the clutch slave cylinder).
I do remember the rubber seal needing a lot of stretch to install and fortunately it survived the process without damage.
However my clutch slave cylinder, which I believe is original, looks different (old and new seal shown).
http://www.400gt.com/vlg/japla5/P2020016.JPG

Laust

PS One advantage staying with OEM parts is no need for lengthy engineering discussions.

I think I found the rubber bits, but I should be able to find a 15/16" piston and swap it out right? Does the length of the piston have any bearing on the performance? I cant see that it would...
Old 01-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge4.2 View Post
I think I found the rubber bits, but I should be able to find a 15/16" piston and swap it out right? Does the length of the piston have any bearing on the performance? I cant see that it would...
Too short a piston could wedge itself stuck and too long a piston interferes with the travel, but I suspect the range of piston lengths that would work is quite large.
That is as “deep” an analysis I can give without having the clutch mechanism in front of me for half hour or so.

Laust
Espada #8356
Old 01-01-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laust View Post
Too short a piston could wedge itself stuck and too long a piston interferes with the travel, but I suspect the range of piston lengths that would work is quite large.
That is as “deep” an analysis I can give without having the clutch mechanism in front of me for half hour or so.

Laust
Thank you Laust. I found a 15/16" slave with double seals from a Pontiac Fiero (Getrag). Very inexpensive, I will see if it works when it arrives.

Geno
Old 01-02-2013, 01:12 PM

Gallery: 6

I believe the original clutch slave is really cheap. Why the reconstruction?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:47 PM

$700 from Lamborghini, vs $19.95.......
Old 01-02-2013, 01:48 PM

But if you know of a place I can find one cheaper please let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Jalpa/Silhoutte

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.