12016 on eBay - Project Car - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Jalpa/Silhoutte

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 06:49 AM

Gallery: 0
Default 12016 on eBay - Project Car

anyone out there feeling brave?

Lamborghini : Other 3.5L in Lamborghini | eBay Motors

Very early Jalpa, another one converted to FI.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Gold Site Supporter

in 2006 I got this information:
Quote:
1983 Lamborghini Jalpa:

I bought this car recently because I loved the look of it and always wanted a Lamborghini. I was driving down the expressway about 60 mph in 5th gear and the engine locked up and stopped. Before that happened, the car always ran GREAT and shifted GREAT on side streets or the expressway. It was a great car. The inside is in great shape and the outside is great except for the passenger fender which has a dent on the top where something was dropped on it, and the side of the fender is scratched, see pictures. The pictures are from the place where it was towed to. I bought the car to drive for the summer and weekends and do not want to put any more money into it. I will try to answer any questions that come up. It is also for sale locally and on some Lamborghini sites, so I may need to end the auction early.
Countach QV Ex-Mimran #GLA12997, Urraco P300 #20530 sold in August 2008, Jalpa #FLA12203 sold in May 2006
www.countach.ch
www.jalpa.ch

When Frank Sinatra got his Miura S in 1970, he said: “If you wanna be someone, buy Ferrari - If you are someone, you own a Lamborghini”.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:06 AM

When I saw it, the first thing I did was go to your site Raymond! Looking at the pictures, you can tell the engine has been out, look at the strut bolts for more. One thing that did stick out, was the tool kit. I have never seen one with that material.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 AM

This car physically looks to be in decent shape. Being mostly complete is also a big plus. Would be nice to see this one saved!

I wonder what was found in the engine. If it was pulled out, they probably found something very ugly and too expensive to repair. Maybe even something non-repairable! Appears that they just decided to stuff everything back in and let the next owner "re-discover" the problem. Scary.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 PM

The owner-installed fuel injection is a turn off as well. I would expect it would be easier to convert it back to carburetors rather than troubleshoot any injection problems. The rest of the car looks to be in really good condition, though.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyCat View Post
...One thing that did stick out, was the tool kit. I have never seen one with that material.
Same material as my Silhouette tool bag - presumably left over from then!
Silhouette #40006 first production car, Urraco P300 #20200 sold in September 2009.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorrevver View Post
The owner-installed fuel injection is a turn off as well. I would expect it would be easier to convert it back to carburetors rather than troubleshoot any injection problems. The rest of the car looks to be in really good condition, though.
If anyone is going to view this car I wonder if they could perform one easy 10 second task for me!
Silhouette #40006 first production car, Urraco P300 #20200 sold in September 2009.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:27 PM

Wow the car just sold for $18,000. Still seems a little high, for 10k more you can buy one that runs.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLellan View Post
Wow the car just sold for $18,000. Still seems a little high, for 10k more you can buy one that runs.
It is a little high, or maybe retail for a decent one is a little low. Probably 5 years ago, another red Jalpa with a blown engine & apart sold on ebay for 20k. I didn't write the vin number down. Prices on everything pre Audi Lamborghini have been on the rise for some time.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:47 PM

Its BACK! Lamborghini : Other 3.5L in Lamborghini | eBay Motors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Jalpa/Silhoutte

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.