Does anyone know this P111? - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Urraco

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 06:14 PM

Gallery: 0
Default Does anyone know this P111?

I'm interested in this US-market P250 (P111) which I saw on Ebay.

The ad says it came from a museum in Oklahoma. I contacted the owner about why he says it needs gaskets and he told me that the car was running about 4 years ago and started leaking. He had it trailered back to his garage where it has stood since.

The car is in Utah and the chassis number is 15946.

Thanks,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 05:31 PM

This car is back on Ebay with a bit more detail saying the car started running roughly and had water in the oil. No mention of overheating. I wonder if it has the original, sodium-filled exhaust valves and the head of one has dropped off leading to a liner of a head getting cracked?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:52 PM

I was bidding till I saw that.. rather it was dry un-started to be gone over properly to get it running.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:27 AM

I'm thinking that $16,950 bid is about max on this thing. Good luck!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:42 AM

Cool

Think thats the top too.. But even with a blown motor its a fair deal. Just one Project urraco at a time for me.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 AM

You guys were right. It sold for $16,950. I hoe the new owner joins this forum so we can see what he or she finds.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 AM

^ditto. I'm curious as well.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:34 PM

Mind you, if it's as good as the ad says, then $16,950 is not too much for a garage ornament.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:26 PM

This looks familiar. If the seller bought it from Utah for $16,950, he's on course to make a quick and sizable profit.

It says it's running, so I suppose it wasn't a dropped valve but, if the seller has replaced the head gaskets or done other work on it, why doesn't he mention it?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM

Urraco P111 # 15946 is running again after parked for many years. All it needed was replacing the seals in the water pump. The car will be here in Colorado on Friday. A bit history on the car - It was one of Ron Miller's cars in the International Lamborghini Museum, Norman, Oklahoma for 10-12 years. After his mysterious death in Oct. 1977. His MidAmerica Lamborghini Ltd partner, J. Dell Gordon assisted Miller's family sold most of his Lambo collection. This car is one of them sold by MidAmerica Lambogrhini in 1999.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Urraco

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.