2013 LP420 SVM Urraco - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Urraco

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 11:29 PM

Gallery: 0
Arrow 2013 LP420 SVM Urraco

Saved a P250 well prolonged its journey to the scrap yard.. No Motor. No trans.. going to be a project to get it powered back up. Firewall toast,, well most of the car is toast. From what I have learned and that's not much its a car that sat after a fire for some time. RUST! Looked at it this way if I cant figure a way to "MOD" it I can always part out the few reaming good parts for what I have in her.

Back in 1978 My father and a friend bought a burned up P250 at auction. Got to work on it and it was a dream deal for a teenager to work on and drive. Its now in Long Beach Ca. Well so I thought. On eBay a P250 roller showed up.. could it be the same car? Why you ask.. The one we re-built started out green then went red. This one did too by the photos. So I bid on her.. Hence the name Twice Baked..

Here is the "Concept" if this is the same car no need to try and make it back original cost vrs gain not even close. Sorry purest guys and gals... Besides P250 needs more strength, more power and more reliability. Less flames LOL

Concept:
To bring a 73 "Semi Super Car" known to be "semi reliable problematic Italian tow truck queen" to a 2013 Daily "Semi Super Car Driver". The goal is to have a car that can run with the Audi R8 - Gillardo class in a 73 Lil Lambo body..

Unlike a "Normal Hot rod - conversion" our goal is a car able to handle like the original which handled like a slot car on roids. I have to say the original was at home on the curves of Hwy 18 / Arrowhead. That being said lets make this thing "Ballistic - Hooked up" easy to haul arse. Paddle shifter automatic.. All wheel drive is an option if it works into the drive train design, any wrecked Audi R8 or gillardos?

Interior:
QUIET and sophisticated want the controls and dash to look like it was designed not just Pep-Boys hot rod generic.
Radio sat - nave good blue tooth state of the art de-bagged don't want to look like a rolling radio ad. Make it look like "stock"

Digital dash (heads up display ala BMW may be needed)
Electric adjustable Seats warmers seat air conditioning (My Jag has me spoiled). Yeah I know not ragged edge, I like my comfort.. Key-less entry and push start. And AIR that works!

Body OK to alter where needed / flared... But keep the hood lines...

Motor and drive train up to you guys to keep inline with the "concept" not married to any idea you have a clean slate.. LOL Gas Turbine HAHA.

Ideas:
Team meeting in the near future. After car is in hand or team has met.
Body assessment.. .Had an idea not a fan of wings but pop up wings are the "norm" the rear trunk lid has to be re-done we may loose the trunk, the lid could be a pop up speed dependent wing.

Thought anyone?

Last edited by TwiceBaked; 04-24-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: better title
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

I'm a big fan of modernizing classic European cars like this. I like what the DeTomaso Pantera guys tend to do which is stay well within the "classic" configuration but with practical updates.

Completely upgraded electrical and HVAC, quality sound system, LED/HID exterior lighting, modern adjustable shocks/springs and modern braking system.

I would use an Audi 4.2 V8 w/ Supercharger to get the power, keep weight down and "maintain" the Urraco's V8 sound.

On the body, I would probably do big fender flares and fit 17" or 18" perhaps a wing like the Aeromotion and keep the rest of it fairly stock. Pull off some trim and side marker lights for cleanliness.

I think your platform is spot on perfect for such a project. Please keep the thread updated and going, I'd like to see the progress of this car.

I've got an '84 Maserati Biturbo project of my own I'm doing something similar with. Next will be a "big" Italian car.
www.IAPRacing.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:49 AM

Gallery: 11

"Gallardo"...

A modernized classic could work and be quite interesting IMO. Can't believe the car burnt to the ground TWICE! Transaxle design might limit engine options and I don't see AWD happening though. Which is fine, this car should be RWD.

Now working on The Roads Project. Will be running amazing driving roads with reviews in flat out full HD glory. Launch late 2013.

gt-lux.com site/email no longer running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbchess View Post
When I watch Game of Thrones, I keep expecting to see Gvan rip through the back of a scene in his Lambo. All your pics and vids have peasants from Winterfell waving at you and ****. I never even see other cars. You drive in a mythical land.

Me, I got Houston.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:09 PM

I saw this car on Ebay. They put only 4 pictures in the ad which wasn't helpful. It wasn't clear what state the interior was in.

They also said they had the engine but that needed rebuilding as well. Any idea how much they wanted for that?

Good luck with your project. It will be interesting to see what powertrain you choose and how easy it will be to fit it.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:40 PM

Update.. This is NOT the same car I re-built before but it did start life Green like the other one. Just an FYI.. But project on none the less

We came to the conclusion that the Gillardo awd power plant would not be a good choice here due to mods needed to make this thing reliable and not cost 200K Plus. LOL I do have a semi budget.. About 120K

Build team:
Dave Anderson ABD Racing | Welcome

Alan Lee
www.alanleedesigns.com
Old 05-18-2011, 01:56 PM

trevorrevver The Motor was on eBay and then off, so I think Alan sold it.. But I will shoot him an email

Interior not much left the two drivers seats baked.. No rear seats dash is semi there the gauges are there, I will post photos soon.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 PM

"Gallardo"

*cough*

Now working on The Roads Project. Will be running amazing driving roads with reviews in flat out full HD glory. Launch late 2013.

Quote:
When I watch Game of Thrones, I keep expecting to see Gvan rip through the back of a scene in his Lambo. All your pics and vids have peasants from Winterfell waving at you and ****. I never even see other cars. You drive in a mythical land.

Me, I got Houston.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:25 PM

The Ariel Atom V8 powertrain would suit it very well (475 hp, 10,500 rpm, 3 liters) but would be too expensive even if you could get one.

What about a Lotus Esprit V8 engine? 350 hp with turbocharged but capable of a lot more. Quite a compact unit although it was never fitted in a transverse installation.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:15 AM

The Ariel idea is interesting. You could probably get it in pieces fairly easily as it's 2 Hayabusa heads and cylinders sharing a crank. I'm not sure how the low-end torque would work though. At 10k rpm is a bit of a screamer for a Uracco.

Have you thought about a transverse Chevy V8? Would be more torque over power and they'd be heavy. But a good sound and cheap. Or were you trying to make this more of a lightweight racer?

Quote:

Me, I got Houston.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 PM

Your answer 2X Baked is right here...http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbfo...gearbox-18969/

Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > Model Specific Discussions > Urraco

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.