A VERY VERY special 6.0! - Page 2 - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 PM

Gallery: 0

That is indeed the conundrum here. It is hard to value the car based in its value as a parts car or even use that as a basis for the value. It really is an art piece and I agree that it should be saved with that in mind and prominently displayed. The value should be based solely on its history and important history to the marquee. If the inherent artistic value is less than the parts value then that is the economics of the deal.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roytoy2003 View Post
I did not know you have become the Lambo pricing expert..? Priced to sit??

Each has their own thoughts I guess..

HOWEVER it is the only one, so if someone wants it..and I have already been talking to a few..I SURE AS HELL dont buy stuff to sell it at what I paid for it..but you dont like it..BUY it and you can do whatever you want...

As far as 2001..IT IS a 2001 MY and IT is SOLD that way on a Bill of sale.. you want me to list it as a 1998...which it isn't..?

I think you have talked a little bigger then your knowledge should have today..and you know me...I dont hold back...thanks for the NON important and In-correct information you have sharred with us all today...
Oh, ho, ho ho ho reaaaallly?

Your own posted info on the "other" site states that you bought it at Mecum for $40k, plus buyers premium (still 10%?) plus shipping, so, you've got it in Seattle for $46k?

Link to your own posted info:
1998 Diablo Styling Prototype - Rolling body - Mecum 10/27 - FerrariChat.com

Above the $46k, naturally you have some overhead, you know, Tequila, hotel room for the trip to the auction, etc....So i suppose you might have $50k in it, being generous. Now, looking for $80k. That's fine, I could really care less, more power to you. Have I ever, EVER disparaged you or anyone else for making money? You MUST have me confused with someone else. I would like to note that the previous owner, you stated, had bought it for $58k at RM 3 years prior. So, they took a hit, signaling a DOWNWARD (like all other 6.0s that I stated would happen years ago, but you still refuse to admit is actually taking place) price trend for the car, and magically, you think it has, in your hands, reversed course and suddenly gained 60% in value?

Everybody around the forums KNOWS your pricing strategy... If you want it, you price way above market, and if a sucker comes along, great! (in cases such as the 670SV, which you STILL have, after lowering the price...). I may not be a pricing "expert", but I can smell BS, and I have enough sense to do some diligence.

Isn't it dealers who always harp on the "fact" that it's auctions that set the market? Well, that refers to wholesale auctions, and gee, well, you bought it at a retail auction, A RETAIL AUCTION, A RETAIL AUCTION.

Does it not have to actually be a production example to be considered a "model year"? The link on the Mecum site shows it as a 1998:
1998 Lamborghini Diablo Styling Prototype Displayed on the Lamborghini Factory Wall for sale by Mecum Auction
Oh, and that also has vastly better information than you have posted on your own site.

Here's your description:
"2001 Lamborghini Diablo 6.0 in Arancio Atlas over black interior. This rolling chassis was a factory prototype. Please call for more details!"

Here's the Mecum description:
"- Fully trimmed rolling body of 1990-98 Diablo model
- Displayed on wall at Lamborghini factory
- Built on flat floor chassis, rolls and steers
- No drivetrain
- Full size in stunning Orange Metallic over Black leather
- Sold on Bill of Sale "

Hmm, I seem to recall I mentioned it was on a flat floor (not a proper tube frame chassis that would be required to begin a project to make it a real, driveable, car, and that it also did not have a drivetrain.

Sooo, want to rephrase my "knowledge" and point out what I stated that is "incorrect"? Oh man, it has a muffler, I was way off!! I posted plenty of correct information, far more than you shared here before you went on a rant that was anything but substantive.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM

Well, at least you posted the truth somewhere!

ONE of a kind 6.0!! - FerrariChat.com

" #8 Yesterday, 07:13 PM
roytoy2003
F1 Veteran
Sponsor Join Date: Jul 2004
Full Name: Roy L. Cats

This car is just a rolling floor chassis..no wire harness, motor, gear box brakes etc etc...all this is is a piece of history and art work that a collector may or may not want...until such time I enjoy viewing it in my showroom."

SO, I'll re-pose the question: What information did I post that was incorrect that you viciously accused me of?

Last edited by taurean bull; 11-15-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:09 PM

No problem, I'm bored and have nothing better to do so I'll just use this Diablo as a BBQ rotisserie, or better yet, just burn it for fun and keep warm. PM sent to you Roy.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurean bull View Post
Well, at least you posted the truth somewhere!

ONE of a kind 6.0!! - FerrariChat.com

" #8 Yesterday, 07:13 PM
roytoy2003
F1 Veteran
Sponsor Join Date: Jul 2004
Full Name: Roy L. Cats

This car is just a rolling floor chassis..no wire harness, motor, gear box brakes etc etc...all this is is a piece of history and art work that a collector may or may not want...until such time I enjoy viewing it in my showroom."

SO, I'll re-pose the question: What information did I post that was incorrect that you viciously accused me of?

What is exactly a rolling floor chassis?
Were there ever showed any pictures of that chassis?
Were there ever showed pics of the engine compartment and front boot?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygood View Post
What is exactly a rolling floor chassis?
Were there ever showed any pictures of that chassis?
Were there ever showed pics of the engine compartment and front boot?
Not that I've seen.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:15 PM

I noticed it is now sold. Congrats, I hope no one alters it. It should be kept just the way it is!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Supporting Vendor

Yes, been sold to a collector..his intentions are to hang it on the wall in his space just as it was in the Factory Museum

1-866-LAMBORGHINI

425-787-6200 Ext #3
roy@catsexotics.com

www.catsexotics.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.