URUS pretty much official - Lamborghini Forum

homeFORUMSGARAGECALENDARADSSTAFFINFO
Go Back   Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

General Lamborghini Related Discussion For General Lambo Topics.

Lamborghini-Talk.com is the premier Lamborghini Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 PM

Gallery: 11
Default URUS pretty much official

Been asked to translate (and provided) a release regarding the Urus into English by a Lambo employee.

Damn damn damn. Gimme the Estoque any day.

Now working on The Roads Project. Will be running amazing driving roads with reviews in flat out full HD glory. Launch late 2013.

gt-lux.com site/email no longer running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbchess View Post
When I watch Game of Thrones, I keep expecting to see Gvan rip through the back of a scene in his Lambo. All your pics and vids have peasants from Winterfell waving at you and ****. I never even see other cars. You drive in a mythical land.

Me, I got Houston.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Supporting Vendor

Gallery: 0

I dig the Urus. In fact, I hope Lambo follows through in their plan to offer a full line up.
Sterling, VA 20164
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 PM

I think the URUS might be cool but I'm with gvan: I'd take the Estoque all day long....
I just hope they get their act together in general.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 PM

I'm not saying Lamborghini can't make an incredible SUV or sedan I just think Lamborghini should stick with exotic sports cars and not dilute the brand for the sole purpose of greed. This experiment has been tried with Ferrari and hasn't worked. Besides if you want a powerful capable SUV or Sedan there are already much better choices.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:07 PM

I know why Lamborghini did it, but I still disagree with it. Lamborghini making family cars is like Acura, Nissan, Dodge, or Lexus making exotics... o wait. lol. What is going on in the world...

Still scheduled to be rolling off the line in 2017 right? The longer I have to go without seeing them the better.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:50 PM

Depricitation will be huge on those I'm sure. I don't know of any SUV that holds up real well used.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awdg View Post
I'm not saying Lamborghini can't make an incredible SUV or sedan I just think This experiment has been tried with Ferrari and hasn't worked. Besides if you want a powerful capable SUV or Sedan there are already much better choices.
What he said ^ Lamborghini should stick with exotic sports cars and not dilute the brand for the sole purpose of greed.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon40 View Post
What he said ^ Lamborghini should stick with exotic sports cars and not dilute the brand for the sole purpose of greed.
I don't think it's greed at all. Or at least not the negative connotation of the word. The purpose of a company is to make money. Period. I don't have to tell you guys this stuff. If they can sell more cars and retain the soul of the brand, and thus its longevity, then it would be silly not to. I used to think that it would dilute the brand, but now I think it might just be the evolution of what the market demands. We're seeing it across numerous upscale manufacturers.

That said, I agree with a few of you guys that I'd much rather see the Estoque before the Urus, but the market seems to be pushing towards up-scale SUVs.

Last edited by Mpusch; 11-09-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Supporting Vendor

Porsche would've been old news years ago if it hadn't offered up the Cayenne and Boxster. Those vehicles saved the brand. Lamborghini has struggled to stay alive it's whole life due to the small production numbers. VW/Audi will drop Lambo like a bad habit if it doesn't make a reasonable profit on it's own. Unfortunately it's essential that they diversify and generate mreo revenue.

I mean, who wants to see MORE Gallardos and Aventadors on the street?! The exclusivity is part fo the allure fo these cars. I'd rather they made other models than dillute the premium models with even higher production numbers.

Some fo you are forgetting as well, Ferruccio always intended his brand to be a maker of touring cars. Look at the 350GT,400GT, Espada and Jarama... The Miura, Countach, Diablo & Murci have always been just small production flagship cars...not bread and butter money makers.
Sterling, VA 20164
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 AM

some would argue that the Cayenne and Boxter damaged the Porsche brand. Anyway Porsche has been old news since the 90s IMO at least around here anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lamborghini Forum > Discussion Groups > General Lamborghini Related Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lamborghini Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.